Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does this include the X? As I said in my last post, terms and conditions state student discount is only unavailable on phones specified on the student discount page and on this page it doesn’t mention any phones not being available for student discount so presumably this would imply there isn’t any excluded phones?
Message 141 of 1,685

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chris_K Good news my open discount applied

EBCA1D0A-0562-4673-BA24-4539B97D0433.png

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 142 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 currently doesn't have the technology to share a phone number across to the e-SIM inside the Watch. Only EE have the capability at [resent. There is no Apple/EE tie-in. O2 could offer this if they fix the technical side of things.
Message 143 of 1,685

Dancamz
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In addition to my previous post:

Will we know the tarrifs for the X before the preorder date / When will the tariff details be released? This is the last thing I need to know before making the purchase decision and given preorders are 2 weeks away I would have thought we'd at least have tentative tariff information at this point?

Message 144 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know when 02 will be on the list of operators for the iWatch3, looking at the Apple site it currently appears that only EE have connectivity with the Iwatch 

i want to get the new IWatch but have another 12 months on my contract with o2 and seems that the provider needs to be the same for iPhone and IWatch 

thanks

Message 145 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know when 02 will be on the list of operators for the iWatch3, looking at the Apple site it currently appears that only EE have connectivity with the Iwatch 

i want to get the new IWatch but have another 12 months on my contract with o2 and seems that the provider needs to be the same for iPhone and IWatch 

thanks

It has mentioned many times in this thread. We don't know when O2 is going to implement the infrastructure to support Watch LTE. Maybe they won't do it. It's all up in the air. All O2 said so far is that they have no plans.

If you want a network that guarantees Watch LTE to work, you know where to turn to.

Message 146 of 1,685

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

From me reading the internet and media. 

Vodafone Uk has announced that by the End of October they should be supporting the Apple Watch 3 as well.

no news on o2 though

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 147 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darrengf wrote:

From me reading the internet and media. 

Vodafone Uk has announced that by the End of October they should be supporting the Apple Watch 3 as well.

no news on o2 though

Source please? Because the only "source" I found was someone's comment in Macworld which is 100% not reliable.

Vodafone UK on Twitter even tweeted this 2 hours ago: https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK/status/918796004085952512

So until you provide a source from Vodafone UK, what you said is false.

Message 148 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I just wanted to know if my O2 open will be available on the iPhone X? As obviously the discount I would get is off my airtime bill not the device bill! There have been so many people stating that is isnt and some saying that it will be. I just want to know before I jump ship and go with someone else as if I could get my O2 open on the new iPhone X I would most definitely stay with O2!
Message 149 of 1,685

Ajking77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am connected to O2 network on my iPhone 7 and want to upgrade to Apple Watch 3 with cellular. I don't really want to leave O2 for EE to get connected. I know there are technial issues moving from solid SIM to apple's eSIM, but if EE can do it why not O2. Is there a rough time frame. Happy to wait a coupel of months, but don' t. really wan to go beyond christmas. Anyone, know an answer?

Message 150 of 1,685