Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/...

Long story short, O2 won't be supporting Apple Watch LTE. They don't have the infrastructure and they have no plans to build it. Go to EE.

And yes, there's no exclusive deal for EE to have this. But they are the only carrier to have built the infrastructure for it.

To be honest, EE has been Apple's leading carrier for a long time now. If Apple releases new carrier features, you can bet your money that EE will be first or at least one of the first to have it. O2 is no longer ahead, in fact after the Wifi Calling debacle they could arguably be last.

O2 has Visual Voicemail (that EE also has). That's it against Vodafone and Three. Otherwise if you live in towns, why go to O2? 

Since they lost the £1 free lunch on Priority and other things, I'm struggling to think of a reason. That's why on January when my contract expires, I'm heading to EE (unless O2 has a change of heart and confirms they are building the infrastructure).

Message 111 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is the iPhone X released

When can it be pre-ordered

When available in the O2 shops

Message 112 of 1,685

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello, @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community!

@Chris_K wrote:

iPhone X Info

Q.
Are you going to be stocking the iPhone X?
A. O2 will be ranging the iPhone X with pre-orders beginning on Friday 27th October 2017 and launch on Friday 3rd November. More details will be released in the coming weeks on www.o2.co.uk/iphone

Q. I heard you have pricing available now for the iPhone X?
A.
If you're interested in the iPhone X, pre-orders will begin Friday 27th October and you can see some of our early pricing here. Note that prices are indicative and O2 reserves the right to change these prices up to and beyond launch day

You can read all the information here 

Let us know if you need anything else! Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 113 of 1,685

PiedPiper
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Am I missing something? In the olden days, when a new phone was launched, this forum would be full of either people getting very stressed about delivery dates, then later people talking about how fantastic it was once they managed to get hold of it and so on....

Now, nothing, zilch!

So what's occurring? Is there another forum where all this is happening or is this the most low key iPhone launch ever?  And hardly a mention of iOS11 either.

Message 114 of 1,685

jezza1234
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Maybe people are just not upgrading to Iphone 8 in the same numbers as before? LOL or maybe there's loads of extremely wealthy people out there that want to spend £1000 on the Iphone X and are waiting for the launch of that insteadwink

As for IOS 11 I'm using it on my 7plus and Ipad pro and its much better, certainly the Ipad version. The AR is a novelty but quite cool. There have been reports of faster battery drain with IOS 11 but I personally have noticed no difference. Othere than that all is good and as one would expect everything just works in IOS 11.

Message 115 of 1,685

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I would guess that there are either a large number of people waiting for the iPhone X or there is just not the same interest in the iPhone 8 as there have been in the past, after all, there isn't much of an improvement...

iPhone X will be harder to come by and will no doubt have the posts you want however whether this is due to demand or more likely Apple will limit supplies severely so media outlets report its highly successful.
Message 116 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous “£1 free lunch”? Something isn’t free if you have to pay £1 for it.
Message 117 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NathanKenneford Okay? Thank you for spotting a small typo there?
Message 118 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
My husband is with EE and has just got the new Apple Watch on contract for £25 a month. I really want to do the same and can’t find anything on O2 about watches do you not have them and if not why not ??
Message 119 of 1,685

PiedPiper
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I suggest you take a look at some of the other questions/answers on the very forum, for example:-

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/td-p...

Message 120 of 1,685