Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Olamilekan
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I have received an update early hours of the morning on a tariff change & also my phone is to be delivered by DPD before 12pm today.

I would let you guys know once i have it in my hands. 

Good luck all

Message 101 of 1,685

KJSBid
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

... And just for the icing on the cake, the iPhone I had ordered after pre-order release day, on Vodafone, has just turned up. Well done o2 Bang

Message 102 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been advised via online chat my order is in progress - the collection date is still today.

No notification yet to say I can pick up, but I work near the O2 shop so I'm going to go over and see at lunch time?

Message 103 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@NathanKenneford wrote:
What’s the pricing for the X going to be? Also I’m planning on paying off the remainder of my contract, will I be offered a cheaper deal for doing this considering i’ll be paying £520.

We only have some early indicative pricing available at present, which is subject to change up to and beyond launch day. You can find them here: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/apple/iphone-x/

More tariff info and prices will be available when the iPhone X goes on pre-order on 27th October.

Regarding paying off the remainder of your Refresh tariff to upgrade early, you can see how much this amount will be by checking out 'My O2', via the app or O2 website. As the iPhone X won't go on pre-order for about another month, you may find your early upgrade amount will decrease by the time it's available to pre-order.

Message 104 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

what do you guys make of this???

O2 are offering the iPhone 8 with 20GB of data for £63 per month and a £29.99 up front fee

with Vodafone offering the same device with 26GB for £20 up front and £60 per month.

EE are offering the latest iPhone with 100GB for £9.99 up front and £67.99 per month with Three offering the iPhone 8 on a 12GB plan for £79 up front and £55 per month.

Message 105 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased the new iphone 8 plus last night. Eager to get it, i purchased the Saturday delivery. However, a few problems cropped up and by the time the purchase had been completed it was 8:40pm. In the requirements it states that i must have ordered before 8pm to recieve it the next day. So, will I recieve my phone tomorrow or on Monday?

Message 106 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous - That’s fine thanks. Do o2 offer deals for upgrading early and taking out another contract though? For example if I paid off my refresh the day the X pre orders are available would I be offered some kind of deal?
Message 107 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@NathanKenneford wrote:
@Anonymous - That’s fine thanks. Do o2 offer deals for upgrading early and taking out another contract though? For example if I paid off my refresh the day the X pre orders are available would I be offered some kind of deal?

The power of Refresh means existing customers on an O2 Refresh tariff can pay off their device plan at any point during their contract - you don't need to pay the remainder of your airtime plan (which is typically 'bundled in' to buying out your contract on other networks), as we cover that for you on our end.

Regarding prices, there are no discounts or price breaks for buying out your device plan early - this could allow for abuse, such as someone buying a new phone and immediately paying off their device plan, selling it on eBay for profit, immediately upgrading to another device, and repeating the cycle.

Message 108 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Just a quick question: when will o2 support the iWatch 3 on the data plan? EE are currently the ones who offer the cellular functionality in the UK, though if I am correct it's NOT an exclusive deal?

Want to upgrade my phone to an iphone 8 (or 8+) but also want to make sure if i get an iWatch 3 I can use the data plan on it. Would prefer not to move to EE!

Thanks

Andy

Message 109 of 1,685

AppleWatch
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've herd you will not be selling new watch, just a quick question if I bought one else where will it work with my apple iphone contract.  If not then I will be looking at a provider that will provide both, i've been with o2 for some time.

Message 110 of 1,685