Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, nothing yet, I rang and spoke to someone earlier and she said it's due to be delivered tomorrow but must admit I'm wondering if it will turn up!

Message 91 of 1,685

Olamilekan
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

What date & time did you place the order?

Message 92 of 1,685

Allymc316
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last year with the 7 o2 messed it up so bad I didn't trust them with the 8. Switched to Sky mobile. Ordered 2 iPhone 8 plus 256gb yesterday and both are with dpd for delivery tomorrow. For a phone company o2 really are rubbish at delivering on time. They just take order after order and then keep palming you off when you contact them. All they want is your money. If you tariff hasn't changed then the orders have not been sent yet. If they tell you otherwise they are lying

Message 93 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

My upgrade to IPhone 8 says it was despatched on 18/9/2017 but it won't let me track my order. I really just want to know when it will arrive please.

Message 94 of 1,685

kevinMulhern
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been reading those posts about the 7 tonight. I think I'll cancel the order in the morning and try another network.

Message 95 of 1,685

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10120 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
It wont arrive until release day i.e today slight_smile

You should have recieved a tracking number, and be able to track it.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 96 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered my iphone 8 by click and collect and haven't heard anything yet - has anyone heard if they can pick their phone up yet? thanks
Message 97 of 1,685

KJSBid
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got 2 phones on order from different accounts both circa 0900 on pre-order day, neither are coming today. Terrible service and just been left with an open ended delivery schedule "when you receive a text message", poor.

Message 98 of 1,685

Olamilekan
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I don't know if you have received a positive update yet but I would ask you to wait. If you cancel you may end up being in the same situation 

Message 99 of 1,685

KJSBid
  • 10 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Olamilekan,

I've just gotten off the phone, advised to wait for a text, with no idea when I wil receive a text and no idea of an estimated delivery date. There was an offer of goodwill but until the number of days delayed o2 would not give any indication as to what that may be.

I realise I may be in the same boat with other providers but at least I won't have been given false promises and won't be rewarding poor service with custom and loyalty.

[I do get the "1st world problems" nature of my complaint, before anyone asks for some perspective wink ]

Message 100 of 1,685