Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

"iPhone X Info

Q.
 Are you going to be stocking the iPhone X?

A. O2 will be ranging the iPhone X with pre-orders beginning on Friday 20th October 2017 and launch on Friday 3rd November. More details will be released in the coming weeks on www.o2.co.uk/iphone

Q. I heard you have pricing available now for the iPhone X?
A. 
If you're interested in the iPhone X, pre-orders will begin Friday 20th October and you can see some of our early pricing hereNote that prices are indicative and O2 reserves the right to change these prices up to and beyond launch day "

Does this mean you will be accepting preorders a week earlier than Apple (27th October 2017) ?

Message 81 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

When will O2 be offering the Apple Watch 3 with Cellular. I have a destinct use for it. Is the reason o2 are not offering it because EE have an exclusive deal, or simply are o2 not interested yet. Is it technically impossible for o2 to support (embedded sim). If o2 do not offer the Apple Watch 3 soon I will be forced to switch networks to EE. 

Message 82 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read, O2 do not have the Infrastructure to offer the Series 3 LTE.

I have a year left on my contract so will wait a few weeks to see if there is a change, if not ill be forced to move over to EE 😞

On Mac world i read this article.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-vodafone-3664192/

Message 83 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

kilofoxtrot wrote: 
Does this mean you will be accepting preorders a week earlier than Apple (27th October 2017) ?

Thanks for spotting this date error. To confirm, pre orders for iPhone X will begin Friday 27th October as per our website, not the 20th as per my original typo - sorry again for any confusion caused. 

Message 84 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Has anyone recived details of tomorrows collection of preorders from O2 stores? My order is still in progress and the parcel tracking number provided doesn't work on the DPD website.

Thanks

J

Message 85 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded my iPhone6 to the new iphone8plus a few days ago and my app still says that my request is being dealt with. I have signed and returned all the legal bits they have sent me. I have upgraded via the app before and the phone has been sent to me the following day. Does anyone know how long the iphone8 upgrades usually take? TIA
Message 86 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All,

Has anyone recived details of tomorrows collection of preorders from O2 stores? My order is still in progress and the parcel tracking number provided doesn't work on the DPD website.

If you have a tracking number then don't worry, this should be on its way to you. When you receive the tracking number, it's absolutely normal for this not to work for a few hours while it progresses through the couriers network/systems.

When you pre-ordered the iPhone 8, you'd have been shown a delivery estimate on the main page. For instance, most variants still show as in-stock for delivery tomorrow so even if you pre-order before midnight tonight, you should be getting your new phone tomorrow.

Message 87 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What’s the pricing for the X going to be? Also I’m planning on paying off the remainder of my contract, will I be offered a cheaper deal for doing this considering i’ll be paying £520.
Message 88 of 1,685

Olamilekan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I am wondering if 02 has started sending out emails for delivery of the iPhone 8 or plus tomorrow? My new tariff hasn't changed either.

Message 89 of 1,685

kevinMulhern
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope I haven't, my order in myo2 still says its "in progress". I was just talking to someone on live chat and they told me my order was in for "future dispatch" and won't be delivered until the 09th of October. I'm fuming, the whole concept of preordering is to get it on release day.

Message 90 of 1,685