Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, i remember the original iPhone 3G launch, where they added visual voicemail. There was a huge deal made around o2 as they were the only provider to offer Apple's Visual Voicemail through the device. I actually changed network to come to o2, as they were seen as the premium Apple provider.

Obviously something in the marketing/bdm team has changed since then, as they seem to of been ursurped by EE as premier apple provider given the recent announcement of which networks will support Apple Watch 3.

If I have to change network and move over to EE, then so be it, but I'd rather stay with o2. 

Does anyone from o2 have any kind of indication of the timescales involved for them to get Apple Watch 3 support, or do I have to take the plunge and leave a network i've been with for 6-7 years?

Would be a sad day, but I see no other option if the provider literally cannot even service the device.

Cheers,

Cube

Message 41 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi anyone any ideas on the iPhone X?
Message 42 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Something is really bugging me about the lineup this year and that is the absence of USB C. I’ll explain.

The 8, 8 Plus and X are all fast charge capable. However, to do that, you need a lightening to USB C cable and a USB C plug! Is anyone actually going to spend the extra??? They’ve adopted Qi wireless charging so why not USB C?

I don’t get it really. The MacBook and new MacBook Pro are exclusively USB C. They called it the future. Why didn’t Apple at least make the change on the X and switch to the new industry standard instead of sticking with their proprietary port?
Message 43 of 1,685

Hughmungus
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The refresh bit is a little misleading, they basically take the phone off you and give you the going rate back to credit your account which mystically is always close to the balance owed. I did it last year and thought the whole process no different to sending back for recylce and paying off the balance online.

This time I may look to sell my phone first and pay off the balance when ordering that way it will hopefully cost a bit less.

It definatley not as advertised "ON US".

Message 44 of 1,685

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Why would they write off the outstanding balance on your current phone?
"On us" means that they will not charge you an additional early upgrade fee, not that they would write off £300+ of a phone that you get to keep...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 45 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently the new Apple Watch 3 with LTE support will launch first with EE.   I'm an O2 customer - so would like to know when O2 will support the Apple Watch3 with LTE / virtual sim

Thanks

Jim

Message 46 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will the new iPhone 8 Plus take my SIM Card from my iPhone 5 purchased on launch date in 2012 ? Want to remain on my current Pay Monthly tariff as it is enough for my usage (£8.40p per month) so the purchase of just the handset is all I need.Asking as in 2012 on my iPhone 4 I had got my tariff reduced to about £20 per month (if memory serves) & I made the call to O2 to see if I could carry it over to the 5 and was told yes.Got to the door at my store on launch day and was promptly told I had to take out a new contract as the one I had couldn't be carried over to the 5.If so,could I just purchase the handset only on launch day ? In 2012 my local store served Pay Monthly customers only and told PAYG customers they wouldn't be able to get the phone.

Message 47 of 1,685

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Iphone 5 uses a nano sim so will the 8 8s x but weather on launch day o2 will have payg stock know one knows apple direct sim free will be the best route

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 48 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi the new celluar Apple Watch looks great when will it be available on 02? Do not want to move to EE? Anyone know......
Message 49 of 1,685

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The only people who might know are o2 so I will tag the one most likely... @Chris_K any answers?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 50 of 1,685