Did you mean: 

Apple WWDC 2019: 3-7 June

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

The Apple WWDC is kicking off today and will run through the rest of the week. This annual event which is meant mainly for the developer community is where we typically see and find out more about upcoming features and changes in iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS.

Every now and then, there's also a sniff or two at some new hardware. The current rumour mill doesn't seem to mention any mobile devices so it looks like this year, the focus will be on software. But who knows... There could be a surprise or two? tongue_winking

Here's Engadget's predictions for what we'll see and what will be announced:

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Of course I'm hoping for some iOS tweaking for ipads, in my review of the iPad pro 2018 (https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Reviews/And-now-for-something-completely-different/ba-p/1187141) i noted that :"It's a beast, a pure untamed beast, that is stuck in a petting zoo. until apple address many peoples concerns over the iPad pro, its hard to justify its price and place in the market, sure it can do things faster than an android alternative, hell it can even pound an android into the ground on specs alone, but whats the use of sticking all that power, in an environment not built for the true professional use, it makes no sense."
This is a direct criticism of iOS on iPads, it just doesn't work as a professional device when so much of it is tailored for phones, iPad won't ever be "the laptop replacement".
I'm hoping apple address this with 13.
Message 2 of 4

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I forgot you were an iPad fan @viridis . I find it interesting when an Android fanboi decides to go Apple for their tablet. I rock an Android as my personal device and an iPhone 8 Plus for my work device, but when it comes to tablets, I'm 100% pro-Apple.

I'm an iPad Pro 2018 12.9" owner and absolutely love it, but I'm with you in that it feels like it's being held back a bit by iOS. I can't help but wonder how amazing this could be if it could run a macOS x iOS hybrid. I'm looking seriously at the Brydge keyboard for the iPad and it makes me a little sad that with the insane power under the hood, and the fact it could be a full laptop replacement, at the heart of it it's still 'just' a tablet.

Looking forward to seeing what the next iteration of iOS has in store and if it's going to make the iPad the powerhouse it's capable of being.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Clearly mr Tim cook reads reviews posted on o2 community.
IpadOS announced for ipads.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/3/18650197/apple-ipad-os-ipados-multitasking-homescreen-features-wwd...
Message 4 of 4