Did you mean: 

Apple Event - March 25, 2019

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Morning everyone.

If you didn't know, Apple hosted a Special Event yesterday where they didn't announce any new hardware, but did announce some fantastic looking new content and services. If you missed it, here's a 13 minute 'edit' by Tech Insider summarising the event.

So, what did Apple announce?
Credit card. Game pass. TV content. Magazine subscriptions. They all look and sound fantastic, so let's explore each in a bit more detail.

Apple Arcade
This looks like to iOS, what 'Game Pass' is to Xbox. It's a collection of carefully curated games - some of them brand new and exclusive - that you get access to for a single monthly fee. The reason behind this, says Apple, is because it's difficult for paid games to compete with free games that are supported by advertisements. With Apple creating Apple Arcade, they're able to bring on board developers to create new, innovative and fantastic games that wouldn't otherwise exist. Check out the preview below for more info.

Apple News+
This is a total rework of their popular 'News' app, bringing with it a brand new digital magazine subscription service, including access to some of the biggest magazines in the world - as well as some popular newspapers. There's no word on UK pricing yet, but it costs $9.99 in the US, and will be coming 'later this year' to the UK market. Check out the preview below for more info.

Apple TV+
This is a new streaming service with original stores and content from Apple, using some of the world's most creative minds and talent in TV & film - including the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, Reese Wetherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Carrell and more. Check out the preview below for more info.

Apple Card
Apple are taking things a step further with Apple Pay, and have created the 'Apple Card' - A credit card created by Apple, not a bank, and with simplicity, transparency and privacy in mind. From what was unveiled, it looks like this could be one of the best digital banking apps & services ever created. Check out the preview below for more info.

So what do you guys think of Apple's new services? I for one have a personal interest in Apple Arcade and Apple Card - I think both look fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0