Did you mean: 

Android 4.0 - New Minimum for TU Go

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We wanted to keep you updated on some changes we're making to TU Go for Android.

We're changing our minimum supported version of Android from 2.3 to 4.0. If you're one of the <2% of TU Go users that will be affected by this, the current version of TU Go should still work for you, but we can no longer guarantee the availability or quality of the TU Go service on these unsupported legacy operating systems.

Why are we doing this?

Doing this will save us considerable development and testing overheads on legacy operating systems (which also tend to be more prone to bugs/issues) and will allow us to focus on building an ever higher quality service for customers using Android 4.0 and above.

We understand that for a small number of customers this may be disappointing. If you're running Android 2.3 or 3.x, you may be able to upgrade it to Android 4.0 - Check in your settings if you have this available. If you do not, TU Go is also available on desktop web browsers using the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. You can also use TU Go on any iOS 5.0+ or Windows Phone 8.0+ device.

If you’re one of those affected, you’ll receive a text from us in the coming days with further details.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I can see the sense in this decision but can't help thinking it's gonna annoy a few people - I'm sure we'll hear about it on here though.......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as the previous version works for them, otherwise there may well be some annoyed customers on here.

Incidentally another update today....bug fixes again.

Now version v.2.25.0 

Message 3 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I can see the sense in this decision but can't help thinking it's gonna annoy a few people - I'm sure we'll hear about it on here though.......

In terms of stats, this will impact less than 2% of our TU Go users - and believe it or not the Android 3.x users that have TU Go equates to approx 0.007% - yep, that figure is real. We understand it may cause some disappointment for those users and we hope they're still able to make use of the app - it just won't be updated with any new features or bug fixes.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fair enough then really.
Makes no sense to keep developing - Hopefully that means more time can be spent improving the current version?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The last three updates have been bug fixes. Could the developers please sort out some new features, particularly receiving short code text messages and fuller integration with the phone's os.

Message 6 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The last three updates have been bug fixes. Could the developers please sort out some new features, particularly receiving short code text messages and fuller integration with the phone's os.

Hi @jonsie, we're working hard to see if we can share any info on upcoming feature additions and functionality. and I'll share anything I can.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Number blocking would be good too.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8