cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 years of O2 community: A big thank you!!

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys, 

Everyone loves a birthday, right? Of course they do!  We are extremely happy to announce that today the O2 Community turns 5 years old!!!!! 04/04/12 to 04/04/17

It's been a fantastic 5 years with the community continuing to grow and go from strength to strength. We've put together a few numbers which really show how hard you lot have worked to help others and generally make the O2 community one of the best out there!!!!

5 years of O2 community.png

There have also been over 60 guides on a multitude of subjects created for the O2 Community Knowledge Base and 1000 + product reviews posted since the creation of the community! 

None of this would be possible without you FantasticThanks!Mexican Wave 

We wanted to say a big thank you to all of you whether you're a full-time regular or an occasional poster. You all help make the O2 community a fantastic place to be and a great source of help, news and reviews!

We would also like to invite you to participate in some fun activities that will be taking place over the week to celebrate this significant milestone.

So, keep an eye on the latest discussions for more information to come!  :smileyhappy:Thanks!

2014_happy_birthday.jpg

The community team

@MercedesS , @Martin-O2 and @Marjo

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
Five years, not bad. Does that mean we all get a bit of cake?

Save some for me if there is any wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 25

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

@Curr946 wrote:
Five years, not bad. Does that mean we all get a bit of cake?

Save some for me if there is any wink

At least 5! Mexican Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 12 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Happy 5th birthday from one of the newer members of the forum.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 25

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Being a relative newbie, It's quite cool... 5 years! Happy birthday to the community
Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 14 of 25

Giuliano
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 12 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is a great milestone, really impressed to see all the content produced by the community, a clear proof of all the help and advice provided by the members of this community.

Message 15 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for 5th anniversary images

Image result for 5th anniversary cake images

a glass of wine & a small piece of cake for all slight_smile

Well Done all of us ... staff & members alike Happy Dance

& thinking of some members who no longer post generally on the forum 

Message 16 of 25

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the cake @Anonymous it was delicious! grin

Message 17 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Looking back over the 5 years, my God we have had some characters on here. They have all given hours of debate, amusement and anger equally. 

Some known instantly, some remembered but not forgotten. 

Browse through these... 

Richard Thomas, Ancient Ferguson, Bob, Ian, perksie, wanty herself, numerous members who have left for their own reasons, many who were not given choice or reason, prking, Spencer, papadug, piperdog123, bambino, Damien. 

All left their mark. Sadly some no longer post because of health problems or they have ACTUALLY found a life. 

There was also the

slightly temperamental  Gerry whose name I have forgotten but I always loved reading those people who spoke honestly and with sincerity even though it stepped on a few toes. 

Anyway, who knows what the next 5 years will see developing, we will lose a few but gain an equal number. Not sure where I will be but recent events have taught me not to make plans too long term. Five years ago my life was defined into splendid old age with my dear Jude, married 42 years. Who saw that coming? 

10 years or more of health problems have you looking at the world differently. 

Far better to think, Well I tried rather than What if? 

So anyone whose name belongs on our old members list from a personal point of view? 

Message 18 of 25

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Very well said @jonsie 👍
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @jonsie as @Glory1 has said above  ^  ^  ^

aldaweb, keen photographer I recollect, remember he saw the Argentine Tango danced by Argentinian people on stage in London

miss those you mention ... most I remember ... the forum is definitely the poorer without them for whatever reason(s) they have 'moved on'

My 1st ever post was a thread called = IT Definitions ... oh what a glorious 'tease' it was on me ... perksie + bambino + damien1 + BoB, bless him = he of 'hardware of the cable' fame ... some of the posts were deleted by the posters themselves afterwards ... it was fun att 

Message 20 of 25