cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do. But my names not guy?
Message 71 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a 4g phone and 4g tariff, do I get the discount?

Not had text and not showing on my account
Message 72 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a 4g phone and 4g tariff, do I get the discount?

Not had text and not showing on my account

Have you spoken to Customer Services ?

@MI5 will be able to explain more.

Message 73 of 269

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Part of the rules are that the tariff was taken directly from O2 and not via a reseller.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not had the text either yet
Message 75 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting for my text..

Message 76 of 269

mdtaUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recieved my text message yesterday, saying it would be activated today on the 7th Feb.  Will my phone automatically switch to the 4G connection (my phone is a Nokia Lumia 1020) or will I have to change my tariff through My O2?

Also, when I switch to 4G, will it reset my data allowance for the month, or will that reset on the usual day when my monthly payment goes out?  I use Data Sense on my phone so I would like to know if I need to refresh that.

Message 77 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Assuming from the text you have a 4g sim etc then yes when your in a 4g area it will switch. Look in your settings for a 4G toggle if their is one to ensure its on.

I dont think your data allowance will reset as both 3g and 4g use the same allowance the same way, its just faster at accessing the internet.

Are you in an rea with 4g turned on ?

Message 78 of 269

mdtaUK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am just off to bed now, but my phone is now showing 4G in the status bar up top.
Message 79 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdtaUK wrote:
I am just off to bed now, but my phone is now showing 4G in the status bar up top.

Your good to go then.

If you download the MYNETWORK app their is a speed test function within it which wil show what your attaining.

Looks like this {my results} :

speed test.PNG

Speedtest version :

speedtest wow.PNG

Others are available too such as 'speedtest' as an example.

Be aware tho that a speed test eats around 40-50mb of your data allowance so try to refrain from running too many of them  slight_smile

Message 80 of 269