cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
No, I took an 8Gb 4G tariff at the introduction of 4G.

In that case my last statement stands, those of us still on 3G will now be able to access 4G for free but I, for example, will still only have a 1Gb limit. They may continue to charge the early 4G adopters like you as you have an increased download limit.

Just my speculation, mind!

Which I would be happy to accept if not for the fact that people who took a tariff below 8gb got a data increase to the next level, for free, and when I questioned my situation with CS (a number of times) I have been repeatedly told that anyone already on the highest taroff would get a £5 reduction to equal what 5gb tariff's were previously, ie highest cost 4G tariff is now £22 (+£5 bolt on) = £27 for 8gb on 4G.

Mine is still been charged at £32 total.

Linked on my first response to this thread to the announcement and confirmed by CS a number of times.

This is also going to effect my price increase as it will be higher than it should be if not resolved before that takes effect.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, I totally agree with you...and don't blame you for chasing this!

Maybe if @Anonymous  ever came back to answer the questions raised by his posts you might get an answer. Although I know you've been chasing it for a while so thats unlikely!

Message 22 of 269

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I fear you are correct...... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 269

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm seeking for more info as we speak, shouldn't be too long
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

As someone who recently changed their tariff from 3G to 4G, I'm interested to know whether I might have my £5 extra refunded going forward???

Cheers!

Message 25 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for those answers too, 777GE90

Message 26 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
My understanding from a senior at HQ for o2 is that only those customers on refresh got the increase / reduction.

I don't know if that is replicated across the user's here but I have a 4g phone via cpw and I didn't get it.
Message 27 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on Simplicity, which ends in April. Upgraded my tariff mid term, but no text! Really like 4G though!
Message 28 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm on the 4g 8gb refresh contract and I got the £5 reduction per month
Message 29 of 269

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Nearly nine hours after Brad posted the notification and no answers to any of the questions asked. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 30 of 269