cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, so I need to go and get a 4G sim now?

As for the 'how would I get 4G if I didnt have it turned on' post, I guess I was waiting for the text to tell me.

I wouldn't spend a million pounds until the lottery told me I had won it, so why would I turn on 4G if I didn't think I had it?

Message 91 of 269

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

The analogy doesn't really work. If you don't have a 4G sim you couldn't possibly expect to get a 4G signal. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 92 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got the guys on live chat to add this onto my account yesterday.

Show's i'm on a 4G tarriff now and on and i see a 4G bolt on (although shows £5 a month at the moment!! But will ignore that for now!)

But no 4G signal even though im in a covered area. When i go to the 4G set up assistant it says i need a 4G sim card? I have a iphone 5S and see the toggle for 4G in the settings. Do i really need a new sim?

Message 93 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, I didn't know, the text is for customers on 3G plans inviting them to 4G at no extra cost is it not? So they would have a 3G sim would they not?

I now realise I will have to get a 4G sim, this is fine however I'm sure the text doesnt assume you already have one.

Message 94 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's why the link to the 4g set up is in the thread so a customer can run the checks and update what needs updating to attain 4G.
Message 95 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's if people are still using a 3G sim as it's only recently that O2 have issued 4G sims as standard.

So if your sim does not say 4G on it the yes you will need to pick a blank up from any O2 store and perform the swapmysim procedure or they will do it in store for you.

Or have one posted out.
Message 96 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

If your sim says 4G on it then no.

Check.

The 4G set up assistant should have said you have a 4G SIM card.

Also check you have no new carrier settings to download.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1970

Check your service status to ensure 4g is working ok in your area.

http://status.o2.co.uk

Lastly ring O2 CS to have your account checked over.

Don't use live chat.

Message 97 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous 

It doesnt say 4G on the sim so i guess that answers that. No carrier update available either.

Will pop to O2 store later and pick one up!

Appreciate the help. I realise there a lot of people in the same boat!

Will post back if all sorted with the new sim. slight_smile

Message 98 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome.

You won't get the carrier updates if any until you change sims and get upgraded to 4G.

It's worth the slight inconvenience in the end.
Message 99 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you get it sorted slight_smile
Message 100 of 269