cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smish wrote:

An S4 slight_smile Any idea where I need to look in My o2 to see if it says 4G?  Can see a 1GB UK data bolt on, would this show as a 4G data bolt on if it had been activated?

Nice phone.

One of the guys on Pay Monthly would need to answer that for you.

I'm on Payg 4g Pay as you go go go.

@MI5 can you explain to the OP ?

Message 201 of 269

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Mine shows 4G as a bolt on but it won't kick in until midnight tonight if you only changed over today.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 202 of 269

smish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sweet, thanks. I'd just gone on live chat to get someone to see if it went through and they're checking it now anyway, so at least I'll know either way. I love o2 today Smiley Very Happy and you guys are really helpful.

Message 203 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smish wrote:

Sweet, thanks. I'd just gone on live chat to get someone to see if it went through and they're checking it now anyway, so at least I'll know either way. I love o2 today Smiley Very Happy and you guys are really helpful.

You're welcome.

4G speeds are certainly awesome.

Message 204 of 269

smish
  • 17 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems live chat has done the trick - bolt ons now showing 4G access as a "pending addition" slight_smile will do a speed test when I'm up and running.

Message 205 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smish wrote:

It seems live chat has done the trick - bolt ons now showing 4G access as a "pending addition" slight_smile will do a speed test when I'm up and running.

remember running a speed test uses 40-50mb of data so dont go overboard !!

Message 206 of 269

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@smish wrote:

Great - should kick in around midnight slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 207 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys....

Just rec'd text re: 4G (N.E.C) from 18th Feb ((Have Sony Xperia SP 02 600 plan (750mb))

Q's

Will I have 750mb 4G data access?

What time will it kick in tomorrow and will I have to do anything?

P.s. sim says 4GPP2 so good news there.

p.p.s have selected 4G (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM

Message 208 of 269

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Data amount will stay the same. It should kick in from around midnight.

Currently using:
Message 209 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only just come across this.

Someone else in my house received the text tonight which will activated tomorrow, they are on a refresh pay monthly contract.

I am on a 18 month simplicity contract, should I receive the text as well? 

We both use a Nokia Lumia 1020 with a 4g micro sim. Both contracts were bought directly from o2.

Message 210 of 269