cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Text Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

Just to confirm that we’re contacting our customers who currently have 4G ready phones as we're giving them access to 4G for nothing!

All the details on this are here http://go.o2.co.uk/got4G

Only those who currently have a 4G phone but are on 3G plans can take advantage of this offer.

The messages you may receive about this will vary depending on whether you’re currently in an area that supports 4G or not. We’ll grant all customers who own a 4G ready phone access to this offer so you’re good and ready when 4G comes to your town.

We want as many people enjoying 4G as we can, at the moment our 4G could cover 17 million people in the UK!

This is part of our 2014 4G master plan, if you have any questions or thoughts- Let us know!

If you are one of the 600,000 customers who will enjoy free 4G, please do share some speed tests with the community too!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 4G ready phone and currently on 3G tariff as 4G isn't ready in my area yet.

But I travel to London a lot, so 4G for no extra cost would be nice.

Still not received the text tho...

Message 2 of 269

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

What happened to the previous PROMISE that any existing 4G customers would get a £5 reduction (or tariff boost) ?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/12/o2-reprices-4g-contracts/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable
If a customer does not have a 4G compatible phone from O2 ,and go out and purchase one will they then be allowed this offer ?
Message 4 of 269

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Just to clarify, is this just pay monthly or is PAYG included too?

Message 5 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to rub it in or anything...

But Yay...free 4G whenever I'm in a 4G area! Woohoo!! Happy Dance

Message 6 of 269

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Why does the 4G setup assistant say that to get 4G you need a 4G tariff, yet the OP from the mod says if you're a 3G customer you can get 4G for free? I'm on a 3G monthly rolling contract. I have a 4G ready phone that I bought sim free. Am I eligible for this? I've received no text. This is all a little confusing.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Why does the 4G setup assistant say that to get 4G you need a 4G tariff, yet the OP from the mod says if you're a 3G customer you can get 4G for free? I'm on a 3G monthly rolling contract. I've received no text. This is all a little confusing.

Very good questions. I am on 3G pay monthly myself.

We need more info please O2 staff.

Message 8 of 269

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Why does the 4G setup assistant say that to get 4G you need a 4G tariff, yet the OP from the mod says if you're a 3G customer you can get 4G for free? I'm on a 3G monthly rolling contract. I have a 4G ready phone that I bought sim free. Am I eligible for this? I've received no text. This is all a little confusing.

From what i can gather from the original post, yes, we will be receiving a text to let us 3G customers know that 4G will be enabled on our account for free.

Kinda sucks for the customers who have paid to use 4G though...although their increased download limit maybe makes up for it?

Message 9 of 269

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Kinda sucks for the customers who have paid to use 4G though...although their increased download limit maybe makes up for it?

Not if on 8gb tariff already - there is no increase in data nor a decrease in tariff cost.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 269