cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Tariffs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

We announced earlier this month that 4G is coming on the 29th of August, and now we have a first look of our brand spanking new 4G plans!

Our 4G tariffs are available for all new and existing Pay Monthly and Business customers. More details to be unveiled around Pay&Go customers soon.

Check out the all new exclusive digital content that’s included in our 4G tariffs:

-Music: 12 months free O2 Tracks. Not just any O2 tracks. This now comes with exclusive music video content for the top 40 and our bespoke playlists so you can truly maximise the 4G potential

-Gaming: Free multiplayer gaming which doesn’t use your allowances. This will be on leading titles and brought to you through Gameloft

-Sports: Exclusive video content through O2 Sports bringing you tutorials from leading sports stars and content from The England rugby team, NBA at The O2 and many more

-90 day 4G Happiness Guarantee

-Increased data allowance’s on the most popular 4G tariff’s

-Up to 8GB Data allowances, with additional data available up to 4.5 GB

For all the breakdown of our 4G tariffs, check out this here.

We’d love to know what you think of the new part of our digital family, let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So it's vodafone or 3 for the basic package, as long as the signal is ok. O2's basic package with 1GB of data is not competitive. Shame.

Even though Three aren't charging i still wouldn't go with them, i've had a terrible experience on Three and wouldn't go back if you paid me.

Good signal in London where i work but heavily congested, couldn't get over 1Mbps download speed and that was meant to be ultra fast.

Much the same where i lived even though i was told coverage was good, which it wasn't.

Sometimes i had 2 bars and i still couldn't do anything data wise.

Back i came to O2 with my tail between my legs, luckily for me i still had a contract running.

Good luck if you choose Three and test the network in areas that you frequent most before diving in!

Message 21 of 60

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The information I was given in an O2 store today was that if you have a 4G phone and SIM and the software has been pushed to phone to enable 4G as it has for the the Z10, then it's just a tariff change, (no need for new contract) but can't be actioned until 29th Aug.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 22 of 60

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 23 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really undervelmed at the 4G tariffs.

Too be honest I find the data allowances of 8GB (with the introductatory offer) rather low. I was expecting with all the extra speed of 4G that this allowance would have been much higher, perhaps something nearer to what some home broadband allowances are which is 40GB. Its safe to say that with 4G, that people will be doing more on the data side of things with their smartphones and as such will require more data.

I'm not in one of the areas of the country that has 4G coverage. But looking at the Simplicity tariffs (this is the tariff I go on). I do not find them good value for money at all. At £26 a month (for the cheapest tariff) and with a 1GB data allowance, I find it a bit of a rip off to say the least. Admittedly you get unlimited minutes, but not everyone needs this amount of minutes, so your paying for something that you don't need in some instances.

Message 24 of 60

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Really undervelmed at the 4G tariffs.

With any luck some discounts might come in as coverage improves.

Not much point having such high speeds though if you can't get enough of it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 25 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Will people be doing more or just doing it faster
Message 26 of 60

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Will people be doing more or just doing it faster

I think, at least initially, people will tend to download more things that they might have given up on with slower speeds, or waited for wifi access.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 27 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
I completely agree aldaweb.

I think things like streaming will increase with the introduction of 4G and if I'm right in this assumption, then so will data use.

I also think downloading apps, music etc will increase, whereas before 4G, people might think, I'll wait till I have wifi. Whereas now with 4G, a lot of people will have download speeds far faster than their home broadband. And in light of this, it seems ridiculous to have the small data allowances that the 4G tariffs have.
Message 28 of 60

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Streaming movies seems the most obvious increase in usage but we are going to see battery and data limit issues initially.

Message 29 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not convinced that it will be an issue I am planning on getting it and currently have 1gb of data and am planning on getting the 5gb one I can't see why I would suddenly use up 5 times the amount just because its faster we can only wait and see how people get on with it
Message 30 of 60