cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Tariffs!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

We announced earlier this month that 4G is coming on the 29th of August, and now we have a first look of our brand spanking new 4G plans!

Our 4G tariffs are available for all new and existing Pay Monthly and Business customers. More details to be unveiled around Pay&Go customers soon.

Check out the all new exclusive digital content that’s included in our 4G tariffs:

-Music: 12 months free O2 Tracks. Not just any O2 tracks. This now comes with exclusive music video content for the top 40 and our bespoke playlists so you can truly maximise the 4G potential

-Gaming: Free multiplayer gaming which doesn’t use your allowances. This will be on leading titles and brought to you through Gameloft

-Sports: Exclusive video content through O2 Sports bringing you tutorials from leading sports stars and content from The England rugby team, NBA at The O2 and many more

-90 day 4G Happiness Guarantee

-Increased data allowance’s on the most popular 4G tariff’s

-Up to 8GB Data allowances, with additional data available up to 4.5 GB

For all the breakdown of our 4G tariffs, check out this here.

We’d love to know what you think of the new part of our digital family, let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still a bit miffed I was expecting better from o2 tbh, I've just switched back to o2 from three after experiencing their shocking Customer Service and signal, luckily I managed to get out of my 24 month contract with 15 months left.
Anyway after EE doubled their data allowance on their tariffs I was expecting at least what they offer from o2 but instead they hardly offer any data, except the offer they are running. I currently pay £32 a month and get 750mb of data and was hoping to switch to a 4G tariff for same price or a bit more and receive a fair amount, but I was told the other day by an o2 representative that I can upgrade my tariff to £37 a month and get 3Gb of data, which is only 1Gb more than a 3G plan!

Poor show, hopefully come tomorrow we will get some surprises, maybe o2 are holding back to see what Vodafone are offering....or not.
Message 31 of 60

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Poor show, hopefully come tomorrow we will get some surprises, maybe o2 are holding back to see what Vodafone are offering....or not.

Well Vodafone have also already announced their tariffs. We'll have to wait and see what if any competition arises.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 32 of 60

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10214 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

I have just got off the phone to 402, and for customers who have 4G device and Sim, it is £5per month to add 4G Access, and no change to your data plan, unless you want to do the refresh upgrade route. 

So for me, im stuck with 2GB of Data, unless I want to upgrade. 

And the speeds of 4G on my Lumia 925: D/L: 43.79Mbps U/L: 4.75Mbps slight_smile not too shabby 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 33 of 60

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

And the speeds of 4G on my Lumia 925: D/L: 43.79Mbps U/L: 4.75Mbps slight_smile not too shabby 

Where was that speed test done?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 34 of 60

madasaf1sh
  • 10214 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions
It was done in LS11 near Bewleys Hotel slight_smile
Message 35 of 60

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know how you got on madasaf1sh slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 36 of 60

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
It was done in LS11 near Bewleys Hotel slight_smile

I expect that will drop once more users are online with 4g but a good start

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 37 of 60

madasaf1sh
  • 10214 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

Hi Toby, 

So far so good, i think it helps that I go through to Platinum CS, so always get treated very well, and they do look after me slight_smile . The only downside I have found is that you cant move to get the full data allowance, instead you need to stay were you are and pay the extra £5 per month for 4G. Would have been nice to be able to move to the new data bundles if paying the same as before. 

I dont really want to pay off a contract to change tariffs slight_smile

Adam, I expect so too, but it is a good start, and hope o2 get round to upping the speed during the roll out. 

Message 38 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm In London using 4g on my HTC one very impressed 32 download 8 up it is super quick got 5gb of data to get through slight_smile

Message 39 of 60

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Also, just to let you know guys, we have a 4G competition running now, so take a look slight_smile

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/4G-Competition/m-p/515454#M6650
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 40 of 60