cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Competition!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

4G is here and we want you to be a massive part of it!

How?

All we need you to do is put yourself forward.

Reply to this saying in no more than a paragraph what would you look to get out of 4G and why do you think you’re the best person to test it! You can also put forward another community member in the same way!

Here’s what’s on offer;

-          A brand spanking new Samsung Galaxy S4 Black

-          5 line £15 rental discounts over 3 months so you can take advantage of 4G straight away! (£15 x 3 months = £45 total discount)

We’re starting a brand new 4G thread that we want you guys to talk about your 4G experiences in, if you have any tips or cool things that you’ve discovered or just to share your 4G thoughts.

So do you think you’re up for trying your hands at 4G with some cool bonuses on top?

We all know how you guys love new technology and we want you right at the front of the 4G queue telling us about your experiences, we’ll be adding more stuff as 4G goes nationwide!

This will be open from now until Sunday the 8th of September 11:59pm, winners announced on the 12th  

Come on folks. Your time is now!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MarkTadley
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'd love to test out 4G to see what is the true difference between it and 3G - is the hype justified. also, being a new iPhone 5 user, would love to see tie difference between the two phones

No point me winning anyhow as I am lucky to even get a signal in the countryside where I am on 3G. 4G wont get to me for years at the rate O2 is sorting out 3G in this area slight_frown

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

4G will be fantastic enabling me to perform both work and personal online much much quicker than I can now. I monitor several locations CCTV cameras and it is near impossible on current mobile networks. With 4g this should be a breeze.

Message 12 of 30

Rycal
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

As an employee im probably exempt from this but the thing im looking forward to most after 4G launches in my area is using O2's free online gaming service. Mobile gaming is becoming more popular than ever but its biggest drawback has always been connection speeds, however this shouldnt be an issue soon - and best of all it wont come out of your data allowance so even if youre on the basic 1gb 4G tariff you can enjoy unlimited multiplayer action with your mates. This is right up my alley because im a massive gamer!

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 13 of 30

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I am surprised there are not more entries.

But 4g when it is made available in my rural location it will give another backup route for when adsl is down, and may help those in rural areas in adsl notspots. As we have an ipad on 3g when we travel for work in a 4g area then we can tether at higher speeds than 3g. I think when upgrade is due (mid October) as we travel a lot in the m25 area we will get a 4g tariff to take advantage of the extra data promotion even though we may not see 4g for a year or so in our rural location (end 2015 at the latest). Well done o2 for buying the coverage obligation lot. Because we travel a lot it would make me a good tester and when rural is launched will allow feedback as a rural user.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 30

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Some great posts here guys.

If anyone else would like to enter, the competition ends soon, so get your answer in quick!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 15 of 30

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

We’re starting a brand new 4G thread that we want you guys to talk about your 4G experiences in, if you have any tips or cool things that you’ve discovered or just to share your 4G thoughts.

@Toby did this 4g thread not happen?

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 30

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I'll be posting one next week Adam with a few points of discussion. Should be good!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well I'm not a great one for entering competitions but the thought of winning a new Samsung Galaxy S4 and being able to try out the new 4G network from O2 has prompted me to want to give it a try.

The phone sounds like it will be a lot cleverer than I am, and I really admire the advances made in mobile technology over the last few years, so giving the phone a chance to show it's incredible features on the new high speed network would be rather exciting.

I'm still trying to appreciate just how fast the speed of 4G is, watching films and other media that is downloading in a few seconds must be amazing.

All this added to the improvements being made to the network coverage by O2, promises mobile users adventurous times to come.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

As someone who has doubts as to how 4G would enrichen my life in anyway, maybe I could be astonishingly surprised. Downloading programmes from iplayer would be a great advantage as it's difficult to get anything else done whilst downloading. I do download a lot of music as well as BBC programmes so I would like to test out the 4G when it eventually comes to Manchester:smileywink:

In a lot of ways people do rush through life without appreciating the finer things but I think there are situations where speed does have distinct advantages.

Message 19 of 30

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@jonsie agreed lol how many people know what a paragraph is lol
Apple Watch series 4

Message 20 of 30