cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Competition!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

4G is here and we want you to be a massive part of it!

How?

All we need you to do is put yourself forward.

Reply to this saying in no more than a paragraph what would you look to get out of 4G and why do you think you’re the best person to test it! You can also put forward another community member in the same way!

Here’s what’s on offer;

-          A brand spanking new Samsung Galaxy S4 Black

-          5 line £15 rental discounts over 3 months so you can take advantage of 4G straight away! (£15 x 3 months = £45 total discount)

We’re starting a brand new 4G thread that we want you guys to talk about your 4G experiences in, if you have any tips or cool things that you’ve discovered or just to share your 4G thoughts.

So do you think you’re up for trying your hands at 4G with some cool bonuses on top?

We all know how you guys love new technology and we want you right at the front of the 4G queue telling us about your experiences, we’ll be adding more stuff as 4G goes nationwide!

This will be open from now until Sunday the 8th of September 11:59pm, winners announced on the 12th  

Come on folks. Your time is now!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

Hi Brad

Awesome competition, and would love to enter.

What i'm looking to get out of 4G is an overall better quality mobile internet experience. No more buffering YouTube videos, smooth streaming of mobile TV without the interuptions and of course the prospects of mobile gaming!

I should test this because my phone never leaves my side, I have to be always connected, and with 4G I can make this happen faster!

Message 2 of 30

andyg68uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Brad,

For me I'm looking for 4G to really speed up my personal and work life. I'm frequently using my phone to keep up to date with both emails and social media for work as well as personal updates on facebook, Google+ and videocalling my fiancee when I'm leaving the office. Why am I the perfect candidate for the job? Well I frequently work in London but live in Liverpool, so I'll be able to see the difference between 4G and 3G and report back! With 4G access coming to Liverpool before the end of 2013 my appetite will have been sufficiently built up!

Andy

Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all!

Well so far watching SkyGo has been a pleasure, been getting speeds of around 28mbps. Tweets fly, instagram photos upload instantly it is a massive change between 3Gand 4G.

This has only been at 2 bars of reception around the London Bridge area so intrigued to see what full bars will give me! I 'm going to be testing out Google Music, iTunes Radio and Spotify during the day.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is skyping with my S/O in NY without either of us being blocky or having bad sound quality. Simple.

Cheers,

Charlie 

Message 4 of 30

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

What I',m looking to get from 4g is faster emailing of photos and other attachmneents, better browsing and vewing Youtube videos and better downloading of podcasts and streaming music.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 30

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I want to;

Reply to that photo message I just got on Whatsapp

Updated the 02 mobile app (just got a notification)

Do a video call to timbuktu

View the PDF attachment in that email I just got

Stream some music in the background to "Keep Calm"

Now, at the same time, zero wait !

Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening Brad,

Firstly, as an avid iPhone user I believe the use of the Samsung Galaxy s4 Black will greaten my product knowledge, which I can then pass onto friends, colleagues and members on this and other Community Forums, spreading the word and promoting the service. Access to a 4G Data Service would allow me to access this and other community forums up to 10 times faster, which would assist me in supporting members who may have issues or questions with the new service. Video calls would help me keep in touch with my children and granddaughter seamlessly. I've not yet properly ventured into mobile gaming, but with a 4G connection the opportunities are potentially endless and seamless. I reside in a 4G area and feel my experience with the service would not only be beneficial to me, but to others seeking assurance and help. Its not only about what 4G can do for me, but what I can do for 4G !

Message 7 of 30

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I'm a photography student and 4G would let me upload newly taken images or videos to sites such as Flickr and YouTube in the blink of an eye for my fellow students and the world to see. I'm a great person to test 4G as I love getting my hands on the latest technology before anyone else (as an example I've been running iOS7 on my iPhone since the first beta came out much to the envy of my friends)

Message 8 of 30

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I dont see the point because the city I live in 4g is non-existent and there no date when it wil be available.Such a shame

Message 9 of 30

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
You should still enter. O2 are rolling out to other cities during 2013 and will only grow from here
Message 10 of 30