cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Days of Christmas: What is your favourite Christmas tradition?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

12DAYSOFCHRISTMAS_DRAFT2C.png

Hi everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend.

It is day 5 of our 12 days of Christmas celebrationsanta santa santa santa santa

As we mentioned earlier, one random lucky participant in each of these 12 topics will receive £15 Amazon voucher. We'll announce the winners in the Christmas Day topic so you have lots of time to take part in each of the topics until then!

Today's question is below, and you can find yesterday's one here if you haven't taken part yet.

Looking forward to your replies! smiling

------santa------

Do you always catch the Queens speech? Or have that special Christmas jumper that has to be worn on Christmas day? What is your favourite Christmas tradition?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The Queens speech after the family dinner.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Has to be the anticipation of waiting downstairs to see the children in our family run downstairs and realising Santa has been and seeing their faces light up, following by an all family fry-up. Nothing beats being together with family.
Message 4 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Harking back to my forces days.. 

fried egg sandwiches.. that’s we all used to eat on guard duty..quick and simple to make, easy to eat on the go..

and that’s all I eat these days!

Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
The queens speech, roast turkey dinner & the now tradition Doctor Who Christmas special
Message 6 of 20

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nothing wrong with fried egg sandwiches hot or cold as long as they're smothered with HP brown sauce.... could just go a couple right now 😀👍

Message 7 of 20

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

When I was little my favourite part, on the 24th which is the day when presents are opened in Finland, was when I left a little plate of shrimp under the tree. I wrapped it up like I did the other presents. My cat Ninni would sniff it out immediately and start shredding the wrapping to get to the shrimp. grin Once she was done with it, and the resulting mess cleaned up, then the rest of the family could start with their presents.

Message 8 of 20

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Interesting @Marjo because I spent one Christmas with my son and his girlfriend's family in a little village that was once part of olé East Germany. The tradition there was to open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve which was very alien to me and that was preceded by everyone in the village attending the small church. The service was quite long and it was freezing as there was no heating.

Christmas Day consisted of a massive family meal in the morning with no traditional turkey and then the rest of the day was spent relaxing. Nothing was open and no beer allowed. God that was a long afternoon spent touring the village. It was honestly a total of 9 homes, a church, a shop and a large village green which the houses and church sorrounded.

In the evening everyone in the village gathered at the house at various times and played games with unwanted and useless gifts as prizes. 

I remember it well. It was my first Christmas alone and my son bought me airtickets to his home in Berlin to make sure I wasn't on my own. So both my best Christmas gifts involved my youngest son. 

Message 9 of 20

clivityuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

advent calendars

Message 10 of 20