cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Days of Christmas: Non-traditional Christmas traditions or ideas?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

12DAYSOFCHRISTMAS_DRAFT2C.png

Hi everyone! 

Welcome to day 6 of our 12 days of Christmas celebration!  santa santa santa santa santa santa

Santa has kindly gifted us with some £15 Amazon vouchers which we'll be giving out to one random participant from each of the 12 Christmas topics!! We'll announce the winners in the Christmas Day topic so you have lots of time to take part in each of the topics until then.

wink

Today's topic of discussion is below. You can find yesterdays topic here if you still want to take part in that discussion. 

------santa------

Do you have any non-traditional Christmas plans or ideas? Do you have something to eat other then a turkey dinner on Christmas day? Or do you spend Christmas doing anything unusual? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

This year I will be going to the beach on Christmas morning to do some photography which is a non tradition 

Message 2 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unless you're an Aussie wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I think a recent "non tradition' is actually turning into a common thing.
On most Xmas eves, in the UK we can see the international space station going over and it's been something we can tell our kids "that's Santa flying over"
So whilst unusual, it's becoming a commonplace tradition on Xmas Eve.
Message 4 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Sounds awesome! Is that in the UK or somewhere hot? 

@viridis That's really cool! A great way to entertain the kids. It might become a proper Christmas tradition over the next few years! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 17

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Not this year, but a few years ago I had a Lamb Rogan Josh as my Christamas dinner when we all decided to eat out for Christamas dinner and ended going to a curry house.  They were doing traditional christmas dinner but I thought, what the heck and had something different laughing

We're having pork as well as turkey this year, with Apple and Berry Crumble for dessert yum

Thanks

Steve
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the UK @Martin-O2

Message 7 of 17

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@welshsteve76 As a life long curry lover I can 100% support that as an alternative Christmas dinner dizzy

@Anonymous Nice! Will likely be a little chilly but nothing a good coat won't sort out. wink

signature

Message 8 of 17

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions

Not so much for Christmas, but a tradition on New Year's Eve in many North European countries, especially Germany, 

is to be sure to watch this short comedy clip between 6pm and 10pm - it's screened on almost every German TV channel that night, and used to be played on many German charter flights that were in the air on New Year's Eve...

Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fried egg sandwiches on the big day..

Mountain bike is out all year round.. no stopping at Christmas, and this year we are riding

Sherwood Pines - 24th.

Sherwood Forest - 25th

Cannock Chase - 26th 

and a night race at Sherwood Pines (Turkey burner) - 27th

i love being old, free and single! 

Message 10 of 17