Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: 12 Days of Christmas: Decoration Ideas!

@Cleoriff Hahaha yes it's certainly looking a bit dog eared! joy joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Community Manager

I prefer my Christmas trees a bit "dog eared" rather than puffy! The ones my family had when I was growing up were like that so I guess I got used to them. Smiley Very Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Highlighted
Topics: 700

@Marjo wrote:

I prefer my Christmas trees a bit "dog eared" rather than puffy! The ones my family had when I was growing up were like that so I guess I got used to them. Smiley Very Happy

Ah but @Marjo I expect you had a real Christmas tree when you were growing up?

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 557

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Great thread guys! It's lovely to see all your decoration pictures and read about your acts of kindness over the festive period. smiling smiling smiling

I don't have any decorations up yet but earlier I was reading about a 90 year old artificial tree that was recently found in a garage! 

Old tree.jpg

@Martin-O2Not being insulting but there is only one place for that tree...

Spoiler
the bin xxx

A bit harsh..... 

Spoiler

Spoiler
....... but definitely the best place for it!! 

Spoiler

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Ah but @Marjo I expect you had a real Christmas tree when you were growing up?

Yes, a dog-eared and often lopsided, real tree! It always smelled very nice. Smiley Happy And the cat loved to climb it until it fell over. After a few times we learned that it's best to tie the tree with a string to the curtain rail...

signature

Highlighted

Oh well there is every excuse for real trees to come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I have always thought whilst they look lovely when properly decorated, they aren't for me.

I constantly fiddle around with my artificial trees to get them all symmetrical. When my boys were younger and 'helped me decorate' I couldn't wait till they went to bed so I could change stuff and tidy up their efforts

Bad Mummy...(or maybe a touch of OCD? ) LOL

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 557

Has anyone ever found a real no-needle-drop tree that doesn't drop needles if you so much as breath in the same room? 

Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

Has anyone ever found a real no-needle-drop tree that doesn't drop needles if you so much as breath in the same room? 

No never. When we had dogs we took them to a friends house at Christmas. One got two pine needles stook in his paw. Removed one...didn't know about the other till he starting limping and then found he had an infected pad Evil

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Community Manager

Aww poor dog! Smiley Sad I remember when my cat got a pine needle stuck to her eyes a few times. Obviously it was a struggle trying to get them off as she was so scared and kept lashing out and clawing at me! Smiley Surprised

signature

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

I put a bow on my fridge.  Highly recommended. Smiley Very Happy