Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

12DAYSOFCHRISTMAS_DRAFT2C.png

Hi everyone! How are you doing today?

Christmas is approaching fast! smiling

We'd love to see all the community members talking about lots of things related to this holiday period. We will be posting a discussion topic on this board every day from today onwards to celebrate 12 Days of Christmas.

Each topic will ask a question about your views/experiences related to this holiday. The last topic will be posted on Christmas Day, 25th of December.

Additionally... to get you into the Christmas spirit, we've decided to give one random lucky participant in each of our 12 Days of Christmas topics a little present from us: £15 Amazon voucher! smiling

We will announce the winners in the Christmas Day topic. If you win, you will also get a PM (private message here on the forum) from us with your gift voucher code.

Note that the competition is now closed, but feel free to still take part in the below discussions about the holiday period. slight_smile

------santa------

On to the first topic of discussion:

We'd love to see your ideas for Christmas decorations! Please comment below with how (and if) you're decorating your house/garden for Christmas. Share some photos too if you can!

--------------------- 

Check out also the following related topics so far:

Day 2: What's your ideal Christmas gift?

Day 3: Ideal gift for mum/dad/sister/partner?

Day 4: Most meaningful Christmas gift you've received?

Day 5: What's your favourite Christmas tradition?

Day 6: Non-traditional Christmas traditions or ideas?

Day 7: Celebrating the holidays with your pets

Day 8: Cooking tips and tricks!

Day 9: Your favourite and worst Christmas films to watch

Day 10: Your favourite and worst Christmas songs to listen?

Day 11: Which is better, giving or receiving gifts? Why?

Day 12: Merry Christmas everyone!

Looking forward to your replies!

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff Hahaha yes it's certainly looking a bit dog eared! joy joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 51 of 76

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I prefer my Christmas trees a bit "dog eared" rather than puffy! The ones my family had when I was growing up were like that so I guess I got used to them. grin

Message 52 of 76

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

I prefer my Christmas trees a bit "dog eared" rather than puffy! The ones my family had when I was growing up were like that so I guess I got used to them. grin

Ah but @Marjo I expect you had a real Christmas tree when you were growing up?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 76

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Great thread guys! It's lovely to see all your decoration pictures and read about your acts of kindness over the festive period. smiling smiling smiling

I don't have any decorations up yet but earlier I was reading about a 90 year old artificial tree that was recently found in a garage! 

Old tree.jpg

@Martin-O2Not being insulting but there is only one place for that tree...

More info
the bin xxx

A bit harsh..... 

More info

More info
....... but definitely the best place for it!! 

More info

Message 54 of 76

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Ah but @Marjo I expect you had a real Christmas tree when you were growing up?

Yes, a dog-eared and often lopsided, real tree! It always smelled very nice. slight_smile And the cat loved to climb it until it fell over. After a few times we learned that it's best to tie the tree with a string to the curtain rail...

Message 55 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh well there is every excuse for real trees to come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I have always thought whilst they look lovely when properly decorated, they aren't for me.

I constantly fiddle around with my artificial trees to get them all symmetrical. When my boys were younger and 'helped me decorate' I couldn't wait till they went to bed so I could change stuff and tidy up their efforts

Bad Mummy...(or maybe a touch of OCD? ) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 56 of 76

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Has anyone ever found a real no-needle-drop tree that doesn't drop needles if you so much as breath in the same room? 

Message 57 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Has anyone ever found a real no-needle-drop tree that doesn't drop needles if you so much as breath in the same room? 

No never. When we had dogs we took them to a friends house at Christmas. One got two pine needles stook in his paw. Removed one...didn't know about the other till he starting limping and then found he had an infected pad Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 76

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Aww poor dog! 😞 I remember when my cat got a pine needle stuck to her eyes a few times. Obviously it was a struggle trying to get them off as she was so scared and kept lashing out and clawing at me! open_mouth

Message 59 of 76

clivityuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I put a bow on my fridge.  Highly recommended. grin

Message 60 of 76