Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 536

Re: Days of Christmas: Cooking tips and tricks!

Try these from Tesco Nuts

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

@pgn wrote:

@Glory1. Be sure to ask for "edible" chestnuts, not "horse" chestnuts...!

Different types of chestnut

Thanks @pgn I must admit when I first read @MI5's recipe I did wonder which type and googled chesnuts and guessed they'd be sweet chesnuts so that's what I told my friend to buy. I always thought horse chesnuts were used for conkers Happy Dance

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

The ones in the spiky shells are safe to eat though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

@MI5 wrote:
You want sweet chestnuts @Glory1 but don't worry, Asda don't sell poisonous ones Smiley Wink

Thanks @MI5. Why Asda? I've trained my friends to use Waitrose. And yes I'm biased - my last job before retiring was a cashier at my local Waitrose. Pricier than Asda I admit but the food is excellent. Nothing against Asda mind just prefer Waitrose. And they do pay one of my pensions so......:Happy Dance

Topics: 549

Waitrose are out of my price range @Glory1

I haven't shopped in England for 2 years so I've no ideas of prices these days. Guess it will be online shopping from Asda and getting all the stuff near their sell by date..... 

[ Edited ]

@MI5 wrote:
The ones in the spiky shells are safe to eat though.

I didn't know that, thanks @MI5. I'm always learning on this forum and not just about phones. Thanks also about the info on Tesco's chesnuts. They look good and I can ask one of my other friends who also shops at Tesco to pick some up. All info gratefully received.

@jonsie you don't know what you're missing 😉

Topics: 549

I agree their products are excellent, I've shopped there a few times but now I'm on my own in the situation I find myself in, I need to budget somewhat. 

These are the good ones if you plan to go foraging Smiley Happy

''

Currently using:

@jonsie wrote:

Waitrose are out of my price range @Glory1

I haven't shopped in England for 2 years so I've no ideas of prices these days. Guess it will be online shopping from Asda and getting all the stuff near their sell by date..... 

I can tell you prices are high. Even Asda's not as cheap as it was @jonsie. I understand what you say about Waitrose, they are far from cheap. But I do like their food and if I didn't receive 2 work pensions in addition to my State pension they'd be out of my price range too.

Food everywhere has gone up ridiculously in price over the last couple of years.

Currently using: