cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Days of Christmas: Cooking tips and tricks!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

12DAYSOFCHRISTMAS_DRAFT2C.png

Hi everyone! 

Welcome to day 8 of our 12 days of Christmas celebration!  santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

Santa has kindly gifted us with some £15 Amazon vouchers which we'll be giving out to one random participant from each of the 12 Christmas topics!! We'll announce the winners in the Christmas Day topic so you have lots of time to take part in each of the topics until then.. wink

Today's topic of discussion is below. You can find yesterdays topic here if you still want to take part in that discussion. 

------santa------

Christmas dinner is the centre piece of the big day! Do you have an secret recipes you're willing to share? Let us know your tips and tricks for preparing and cooking the Christmas dinner! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Try these from Tesco Nuts

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 49

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Glory1. Be sure to ask for "edible" chestnuts, not "horse" chestnuts...!

Different types of chestnut

Thanks @pgn I must admit when I first read @MI5's recipe I did wonder which type and googled chesnuts and guessed they'd be sweet chesnuts so that's what I told my friend to buy. I always thought horse chesnuts were used for conkers Happy Dance

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 49

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The ones in the spiky shells are safe to eat though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 49

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You want sweet chestnuts @Glory1 but don't worry, Asda don't sell poisonous ones wink

Thanks @MI5. Why Asda? I've trained my friends to use Waitrose. And yes I'm biased - my last job before retiring was a cashier at my local Waitrose. Pricier than Asda I admit but the food is excellent. Nothing against Asda mind just prefer Waitrose. And they do pay one of my pensions so......:Happy Dance

Message 14 of 49

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Waitrose are out of my price range @Glory1

I haven't shopped in England for 2 years so I've no ideas of prices these days. Guess it will be online shopping from Asda and getting all the stuff near their sell by date..... 

Message 15 of 49

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The ones in the spiky shells are safe to eat though.

I didn't know that, thanks @MI5. I'm always learning on this forum and not just about phones. Thanks also about the info on Tesco's chesnuts. They look good and I can ask one of my other friends who also shops at Tesco to pick some up. All info gratefully received.

@jonsie you don't know what you're missing 😉

Message 16 of 49

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree their products are excellent, I've shopped there a few times but now I'm on my own in the situation I find myself in, I need to budget somewhat. 

Message 17 of 49

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

These are the good ones if you plan to go foraging slight_smile

''

Currently using:
Message 18 of 49

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Waitrose are out of my price range @Glory1

I haven't shopped in England for 2 years so I've no ideas of prices these days. Guess it will be online shopping from Asda and getting all the stuff near their sell by date..... 

I can tell you prices are high. Even Asda's not as cheap as it was @jonsie. I understand what you say about Waitrose, they are far from cheap. But I do like their food and if I didn't receive 2 work pensions in addition to my State pension they'd be out of my price range too.

Message 19 of 49

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Food everywhere has gone up ridiculously in price over the last couple of years.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 49