cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 Days of Christmas: Best present for mum/dad/sister/partner etc.?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

12DAYSOFCHRISTMAS_DRAFT2C.png

Hi everyone!

It is day 3 of our 12 days of Christmas celebrationsanta santa santa

One random lucky participant in each of these 12 topics will receive £15 Amazon voucher! We'll announce the winners in the Christmas Day topic so you have lots of time to take part in each of the topics until then.

Today's question is below, and you can find yesterday's one here if you haven't taken part yet.

Looking forward to your replies! smiling

------santa------

Some people can be difficult to pick a gift for! We'd love to hear your suggestions for an ideal gift for  mum/dad/sister/boyfriend, etc.?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

A large canvas print of my son Alex in his 3 piece grey suit & his wife Emma showing her garnet red dress off full length on their wedding day this last Spring ... christmas_tree ...this for the 2 of them together

Other bits eg cotton hankies embroidered with my son's initials in the corner ... santa ... owl pendant / earrings for Emma who loves all things owl

Inline image 1

Message 2 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm relying on my son to get gifts for my grandsons. More than likely the latest football boots and kits and I'll just give him the money.

Probably money for everyone else including my wife who wants to buy a gold necklace. 

Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The best present I ever bought my Mum was a Hoover vacuum cleaner. Please don't laugh, she really needed one and I bought it for a purpose.

In 1992 Hoover UK decided to run a promotion, which for them ended in total disaster. The promotion entailed buying a Hoover product costing over £100 and you would get TWO free tickets to Orlando Florida.

As I wanted to take the family of 4, this entailed buying TWO Hoovers (they cost a total of £202)

Hoover totally underestimated the popularity of this promotion and as a consequence tried every way to stop people getting these flights. I sent every single form and request via recorded delivery. I kept copies of everything. I was contacted by BBC Watchdog and local newspapers. I found the address of the company handling the promotion (It was a box number) A lot of hard work and sheer dogged persistance got me those 4 free flights to Florida. Happy Dance

About 220,000 of us got tickets. Thouands of other didn't.

It was the biggest promotional disaster of recent times. It cost Hoover £50 million and their UK base which they had to sell..  

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3704669.stm

It even made Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_free_flights_promotion

Edited to add. I could never better that as a Christmas present...and it brings back so many happy memories...Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly a newly furnished house if I could afford it

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
My wife has had a new kitchen, which I've just finished fitting and the bedroom is being redecorated.
Happy wife = happy life tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t do presents, but if they want anything throughout the year I’m there like a shot.. 

in return they leave me alone at Christmas.. 

best presents ever!

Message 7 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I'll give the wife something she asks for each year..
A day off.
This life of ours is tough on her.
Message 8 of 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
My best friend's birthday is on Monday, one week before Christmas. So I always send her an Amazon gift voucher for Christmas and take her out for her birthday in the New Year. It's always difficult when a person's birrhday is so near to Christmas and my friend is not easy to buy for. So I kill 2 birds with one stone - she loves Amazon and good food. Sorted 😉
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
I am useless at thinking of presents.
The best one for my wife I have gotten is tickets to see a show - think it was Derren Brown.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 16