Did you mean: 

virgin media / 02 volt cancellation

Zzip2017
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I signed up for virgin media / o2 ultimate volt package in February 2023, I have had an email in September saying I can cancel my services for virgin and 02 without penalty because virgin media are changing their T & C's.

I have enquired with virgin on whatsapp and they say I can keep the virgin services and cancel o2 which I doubt is the case.

My question is if I keep virgin media package as it is can I downgrade my o2 sim ? I pay £30 for an unlimited sim which I hardly use, I would be quite happy to stay with o2 if they put the sim down to £10 a month with 10gb of data.

Can anyone from o2 give me advise with this, I have read elsewhere that I have to cancel virgin media first then o2.

Thanks for your help

Stuart

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3122 Solutions

@Zzip2017 

This isn't customer services, but a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on this forum. 

If you cancel your o2 services without cancelling the Virgin Media part, you will have to pay cancellation charges. 
You do indeed need to cancel the Virgin Media Contract, and then get them to put you through to o2 to cancel the sim card. DO NOT CONTACT O2 Separately .. 

You would need to speak to Virgin Media, as the sim card is bundled to give you discounts on your Volt Bundle.. 

You can always try Customer Services at o2 and see what they can do, but if you stay with VM, you may find your BB bill goes up..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3122 Solutions

@Zzip2017 

This isn't customer services, but a customer to customer forum, and there is no o2 support on this forum. 

If you cancel your o2 services without cancelling the Virgin Media part, you will have to pay cancellation charges. 
You do indeed need to cancel the Virgin Media Contract, and then get them to put you through to o2 to cancel the sim card. DO NOT CONTACT O2 Separately .. 

You would need to speak to Virgin Media, as the sim card is bundled to give you discounts on your Volt Bundle.. 

You can always try Customer Services at o2 and see what they can do, but if you stay with VM, you may find your BB bill goes up..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147812 Posts
  • 639 Topics
  • 28355 Solutions

@Zzip2017 

Give the sales team a call and see if they can help with that. They may be able to adjust your tariff rather than losing you – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3