Did you mean: 

Volt not activated 3 weeks on

Euan1978
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there
I hope the forum team can help as I have been onto the social media team and they have fell silent after 'sorting' the issue.
They haven't 
I applied for my Volt benefits on 23rd January and they were confirmed a few days later on the 27th. 
Here we are 3 weeks later and they are still not active.
This was planned way in advance of a foreign trip to Mexico in anticipation on included roaming and being here a week and a half now paying £6 a day when it should be included is beyond frustrating and getting expensive considering I made the choice to sign up for a new sim with Volt in plenty of time.
I have been assured time and time again (even before I left the UK) that it is all set up and will be active 'soon' 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@O2KyleW may be able to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 33

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38516 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Hi @Euan1978 - if you have an active Virgin Media contract and an active O2 Pay Monthly/Contract SIM/phone package in your name at the same address, all usually falls into place once you apply on MyO2 for Volt (can't miss the red and blue ad for it, it is all over App and Web versions of MyO2).  About 3 weeks (variable, some have taken a bit longer, others have been quicker) your O2 data will double and you will get a Bolt-on called Volt Benefits and one called Volt O2 Travel Inclusive (all explained here Volt Megaguide)

I will tag @O2KyleW to take a look at your account for you (he needs your details for this, watch out for his message).  This assumes your tariff is not one of the select few above 29GB monthly that are automatically entitled to "O2 Travel Inclusive" and that you need Volt to give you that bolt-on.  Note it sounds like you currently have the O2 Travel (no "Inclusive"!) bolt-on active, hence the £6/day as below. Good luck with the O2 Advisor's help!

pgn_0-1676716055583.png

Message 3 of 33

Euan1978
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks folks, yes everything is in place it even says to keep an eye on my account for it to be activated. 
I hope Kyle or someone can help.

Message 4 of 33

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38516 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

As I have not seen a response here yet, I will tag the other O2 Advisor on today, @O2Jonathan - can you help someone stuck abroad on £6 daily who should be on Volt benefits at much less cost...

Message 5 of 33

Euan1978
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Kyle sent me a message on Saturday asking for my number which I replied to and I have not heard anything else.
Here we are another 2 days on and another £12 on my bill that should not be on it.
Really disappointed as I was assured weeks ago this would be in place, now I am abroad and having to chase up it is beyond frustrating.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.

Message 6 of 33

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11616 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Euan1978 

Have you spoken to Virgin Media Customer services at all, to check its not something on there end that is blocking it..

As o2 do a pass of data to VM, and if something doesnt match it will fail... and its not unknown to be something as daft as a space somewhere or a mistyped postcode.. 

Other than that there is nothing else we can really do as we are all customers, and it could be that Kyle is waiting on a response from the back office teams.. I would send him a chase message..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 33

Euan1978
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @madasaf1sh yes I spoke to them two weeks ago before I left and was assured the latest it would be active was a week past Friday.

Twitter support confirmed everything should be in place last week and said it was sorted but it still isn't.

I am already on £60 roaming charges when it should have been £0 which is very frustrating to say the least.

Hopefully @O2Kyle is back on duty tomorrow and can help me out. 

Thank you

Message 8 of 33

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11616 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

He isnt @Euan1978 

@O2Sarah-  can you help here, as this has been going on too long...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 9 of 33

Euan1978
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ooops I meant @O2KyleW  but If @O2Sarah- could help sooner it would be greatly appreciated 

Message 10 of 33