Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media installation delay and O2 SIM

bluebear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At the start of May, I signed up to the Virgin deal that included the £25 pm O2 SIM card, which despite having no need for this, was still cheaper and offered more than my Sky package.  I received the O2 SIM quickly but it is unopened and unactivated although I've paid the 1st £25 payment.

Virgin were scheduled to install on the 19th May, which was initially delayed until the 25th and then again until the 2nd June.  Sky made an error and cancelled my BB on 5th May (complaint in to Sky), so we have been working a monthly '3' mobile BB, which is pretty useless since then.

I don't want to cancel Virgin but if there are delays beyond 2nd June, I will need to look elsewhere because I need proper BB.

So my question is, given that Virgin Media would have failed to install the service, would I be able to cancel the O2 SIM with no penalty, given I past the cooling off period for that part of the contract?

I've tried asking Virgin but have had no reply from them (despite 3 emails!)

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

All the contact info for Virgin Media in the URL just below this post - you do need to escalate with them, @bluebear - call them on 0345 454 1111.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38507 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

All the contact info for Virgin Media in the URL just below this post - you do need to escalate with them, @bluebear - call them on 0345 454 1111.

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Regretfully, Virgin are notorious for delays with both installations and cable repairs. 

Whether you will get any sense on of them when you ring is pot luck

Join the Virgin Community and see if you can get one of their agents involved

https://community.virginmedia.com/

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

bluebear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both, I've posted on the VM Community, so will see what I get back.

Message 4 of 4