Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel o2 following virgin volt package issues - help,

HL20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We joined virgin media on the 20/5/22 having signed up on a volt bundle where the o2 sim was mandatory, and whilst I didn’t want to leave my old mobile carrier, I transferred because it didn’t want to effectively be paying twice.

Our virgin service has not worked properly since the install, and we have now cancelled the service due to the package we signed up for not being fulfilled. But it appears I can’t cancel my o2 since without being charged all the early termination charges? Even if I hadn’t given virgin the benefit of trying to fix the issues for the first month, I couldn’t of cancelled the o2 sim because it was sent out over 14 days before the install.

How can you be sold the package as a bundle, but it doesn’t cancel as a bundle when the offer as a whole isn’t as described? Now going to be massively out of pocket every month and very disappointed - can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@HL20 

You need to speak to Virgin and get them to process the cancellation, and they speak to o2 to cancel it, as they sold you the package and allowed you to cancel the bundle. 

You may need to log it as a complaint with Virgin Media on 0345 454 1111 and dont take any rubbish from the useless Manila Call Centre, as they do know how to talk rubbish..

Online Form: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@HL20 

You need to speak to Virgin and get them to process the cancellation, and they speak to o2 to cancel it, as they sold you the package and allowed you to cancel the bundle. 

You may need to log it as a complaint with Virgin Media on 0345 454 1111 and dont take any rubbish from the useless Manila Call Centre, as they do know how to talk rubbish..

Online Form: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

HL20
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks i shall try this

Message 3 of 4

Heathermay1958
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same with me, took £432.20p from my bank by o2 after cancelled virgin media package. Never wanted free sim from o2 as salesman told me.took.money yesterday 29.7.22 using virgin package details of standing order.

Message 4 of 4