Did you mean: 

Porting issue from Vodafone to O2

scientific1800
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There, 

I've ported over from Vodafone to O2 and had an issue where I cannot receive calls or messages. It's been over 3 weeks now of calls for support daily, I have called O2, Vodafone and Apple for support and everything has failed. For the first week I was asked to wait 24 hours each time yet still no resolution.

I am at the end of my patience with it all, I've tried resetting network settings, SIMs in other phones, etc. etc. all of the steps imaginable. 

O2 support has been terrible, one person said they would release the line back to Vodafone and I would have to go to them for another PAC code... Which in the end never happened. If this is the shape of things to come I have made a terrible error choosing this network. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance, 

Martin. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7154 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

As you have tied various things I will tag an advisor who will contact you here.

@O2Sarah Can you help @scientific1800 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

Tom22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I’m having the same issue. Left Vodafone and joined O2, but the number has not been ported. Any calls currently to my old number go completely unanswered. The message says the phone is switched off. Really bad. Please sort ASAP. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

You need to get in touch with o2 customer services to get them to chase the number port @Tom22 

This is a community of o2 customer so we can't do this for you.

Either call o2 on 202 (if on pay monthly) or 4445 (if pay as you go) or message on social media (links below).

(Twitter | Instagram | Facebook)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

scientific1800
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for that, it's just I've been in touch with them and they haven't resolved anything, it's been a three weeks now. I have a new SIM on the way, just wanted to see if there are any advisors here or anyone else with a similar experience.

Message 5 of 8

scientific1800
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but it looks like @O2Sarah left two years ago, I don't blame her to be honest.

Message 6 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

As you have already tried the standard customer service route @scientific1800 I'll mention the community advisors who are working today.

Can you please get in touch to try and resolve this @O2Ryan or @O2Jonathan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 8

O2Jonathan
Former Staff
  • 66 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thank you for the tag @gmarkj, I will private message you now @scientific1800.

signature
Message 8 of 8