Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare Porting my Number

MrBloggs99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pay Monthly mobile sim switch from virgin Mobile to O2 has been a total nightmare- I had a virgin media package that included my virgin mobile sim , i was due for renewal and offered a package bundle which means you’re not eligible for a virgin SIM- but it included an O2 instead, I WAS TOLD THE O2 SIM WOULD COME ALREADY PORTED OVER TO MY OLD VIRGIN NUMBER TOO- EVERYTHING SEEMS GREAT!

SO I CHANGED MY PACKAGE -got a sim delivered on sat 11th June from 02 put it in phone IT HAS A NEW NUMBER WITH O2 so i gave o2 my PAC code to keep virgin number- this was done on a sat 11th June - number was supposed to be ported by 6pm tues 14th June (never happened) rang them and they said it will definitely be wed 15th ( never happened), i cant receive texts or sims messages- THUR 16th June still no calls or texts- Friday 17th June- still nothing-by this time i am really fed up!

FRIDAY 17TH i tell O2 to cancel my contract, they give me a PAC code as they said my number from virgin was ported and it now belongs to 02. ( this took all day by the way speaking to numerous people and using there support chat on my o2 account ( load of rubbish ) it was no easy task!

Also Friday i ring virgin media and tell them i cancelled my O2 Mobile contract i am not happy with there service and bla bla about my phone number not porting- THEY CANCEL THE PACKAGE, and i am now on another package that was the original package i was on, but IT DOES NOT INCLUDE A VIRGIN MOBILE SIM I HAVE TO SET THAT UP MYSELF.

Also Fri 17th- I RING VIRGIN MOBILE
I told them what had happened with o2-they said i was still a virgin customer my number was never ported to o2 - ok-I was due for my contract to end today but she will set up a new 12 month sim contract with virgin mobile for me - and i still have my phone number-I'm a happy customer NOTE they don't need a PAC code as they say number was never ported to o2 ALL SORTED I THINK!

But no wait- i gets an email off 02 with PAC code and telling me i need to pay £170.23 to cancel contract with them and my number will be ported back to virgin when the PAC code is activated

So Rings 02 to tell them i am paying Nothing and the said i cant take my phone number back to virgin until they have activated my PAC code as my number is now an 02 number and belongs to them.

are you with me

I rings virgin mobile back and tell them what O2 said and they said no, the number belongs to us and we don't need a PAC CODE- OMG! i am going round in circles at this point i ring back o2 say JUST CANCLE CONTRACT and i am just waiting to see now what happens with my phone .HOPING I DONT LOSE MY NUMBER! And hoping O2 have canceled this contract, as i have not received any confirmation, I HAVE CANCELED DD. 

The Morrel of the story is Virgin set this contract up and then i just get left to deal with this nightmare aftermath Of O2. And O2 can't  port Number's properly and every time you ring them there solution is reboot your phone. 

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124430 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@BeaHere  @O2Lisa will help this morning as she's on duty.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 58

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @BeaHere, so sorry about this .. I’ll message you privately and look in to this for you.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 58

BeaHere
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much both @Cleoriff and @O2Lisa 

Message 33 of 58

Ricepud
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Breanna.  Ive been with )2 for many years and always ket my number.  Just took up anoffer from Affordable Mobiles and now have a new phone but still with )2 Pay as you go.  I have become very confused betwen PAC and STAC and which phone you are supposed to get the PAC or STAC for and what you are then supposed to do with it.  I want to port my old no from one phone to the other but as both are still with O2 is that a change of network??  My old phone is still using the old no and my new phone seems to be using the old no for eg texts and whats apps but not for calls.  I am totally confused and cant seem to raise anyone at O2 to speak to.    Can anyone help me today?  Would the staff in an O2 shop be able to help?  I went into one to buy the phone initially, but they could not look into my phone because it was one of the 50% of O hones that were moved to something called 360 I think, so I bought online.  Funny way to run a business!

Message 34 of 58

Ricepud
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, I am on Pay Monthly, not pay as you go.

Message 35 of 58

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7208 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Does this help

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 36 of 58

gmarkj
  • 12406 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1151 Solutions

PAC and STAC are only needed if you are moving from one network to another @Ricepud - for instance from EE to o2.

You need to migrate your number from one contract to another, so will need to speak to o2 customer services.

Either call them on 202 from either phone, or message them on social media:

Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 37 of 58

AlexK1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone! I have the same problem with porting old number from Virgin to O2 as others in this topic. Can someone from O2 help me? Just countless talks with Customer Service with no result.

Message 38 of 58

gmarkj
  • 12406 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1151 Solutions

Let's see if the community advisors can help then @AlexK1 

Can you see if you can fix this @O2Ryan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 39 of 58

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 40 of 58