Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare Porting my Number

MrBloggs99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pay Monthly mobile sim switch from virgin Mobile to O2 has been a total nightmare- I had a virgin media package that included my virgin mobile sim , i was due for renewal and offered a package bundle which means you’re not eligible for a virgin SIM- but it included an O2 instead, I WAS TOLD THE O2 SIM WOULD COME ALREADY PORTED OVER TO MY OLD VIRGIN NUMBER TOO- EVERYTHING SEEMS GREAT!

SO I CHANGED MY PACKAGE -got a sim delivered on sat 11th June from 02 put it in phone IT HAS A NEW NUMBER WITH O2 so i gave o2 my PAC code to keep virgin number- this was done on a sat 11th June - number was supposed to be ported by 6pm tues 14th June (never happened) rang them and they said it will definitely be wed 15th ( never happened), i cant receive texts or sims messages- THUR 16th June still no calls or texts- Friday 17th June- still nothing-by this time i am really fed up!

FRIDAY 17TH i tell O2 to cancel my contract, they give me a PAC code as they said my number from virgin was ported and it now belongs to 02. ( this took all day by the way speaking to numerous people and using there support chat on my o2 account ( load of rubbish ) it was no easy task!

Also Friday i ring virgin media and tell them i cancelled my O2 Mobile contract i am not happy with there service and bla bla about my phone number not porting- THEY CANCEL THE PACKAGE, and i am now on another package that was the original package i was on, but IT DOES NOT INCLUDE A VIRGIN MOBILE SIM I HAVE TO SET THAT UP MYSELF.

Also Fri 17th- I RING VIRGIN MOBILE
I told them what had happened with o2-they said i was still a virgin customer my number was never ported to o2 - ok-I was due for my contract to end today but she will set up a new 12 month sim contract with virgin mobile for me - and i still have my phone number-I'm a happy customer NOTE they don't need a PAC code as they say number was never ported to o2 ALL SORTED I THINK!

But no wait- i gets an email off 02 with PAC code and telling me i need to pay £170.23 to cancel contract with them and my number will be ported back to virgin when the PAC code is activated

So Rings 02 to tell them i am paying Nothing and the said i cant take my phone number back to virgin until they have activated my PAC code as my number is now an 02 number and belongs to them.

are you with me

I rings virgin mobile back and tell them what O2 said and they said no, the number belongs to us and we don't need a PAC CODE- OMG! i am going round in circles at this point i ring back o2 say JUST CANCLE CONTRACT and i am just waiting to see now what happens with my phone .HOPING I DONT LOSE MY NUMBER! And hoping O2 have canceled this contract, as i have not received any confirmation, I HAVE CANCELED DD. 

The Morrel of the story is Virgin set this contract up and then i just get left to deal with this nightmare aftermath Of O2. And O2 can't  port Number's properly and every time you ring them there solution is reboot your phone. 

Message 1 of 58
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 😃

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@MrBloggs99 I will private message you so i can look into this 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Cancelling your DD was probably not a wise move without getting the contract(s) sorted first, @MrBloggs99 - it means any payments owed will not be able to be taken, and O2's automated systems will cut you off and can put a flag on your credit file for missed payment(s). Sounds like you could do with a little help tomorrow after 8am from an O2 advisor- I'll tag @O2Sarah- who is on tomorrow, please keep an eye out for her reply and Private Message. Good luck!

Message 2 of 58

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 😃

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@MrBloggs99 I will private message you so i can look into this 

Message 3 of 58

MrBloggs99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Sarah for dealing with this and contacting the porting team, my phone now receives calls and texts, all done within 48 hrs thanks again.

Message 4 of 58

MrBloggs99
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn i really appreciate it👍 

Message 5 of 58

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Thank you! I am glad one of the Forum O2 Advisors was able to get it turned around for you. 

Thanks @O2Sarah- - and one for @Martin-O2 to note 👍

Message 6 of 58

Klara_Macdonald
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- @Can you please help me, I’m having the same nightmare porting my number from virgin to O2. Had the number 20 years so don’t want to lose it. 

Message 7 of 58

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @Klara_Macdonald , of course I can. I will send you a private message so we can look into it. 

Message 8 of 58

ChloeJayde
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah-, wondering if you could help as it seems you may be a good person to deal with this.

I have ported my number over from EE to O2 last weekend with a sim only

package, it seems the port has been somewhat successful but I can’t activate iMessage for some reason which is really frustrating. 

please would you be able to help?

Thank you,

Chloe

Message 9 of 58

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @ChloeJayde, it looks like @O2Sarah- isn't on today. 

@O2Emma would you mind taking a look at this?

Message 10 of 58