Did you mean: 

New to O2 received incorrect amount of data

Mark2707
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I signed up for a 18 month contract with Virgin Media and decided to take a o2 sim card which should have come with 6gb of data. The sim card I received was 2gb but due to the double data is now 4gb. My understanding is it should be 6gb doubled up to 12gb. 

I have the contract with O2 which states I should be getting 6gb. Anyone from o2 can resolve this as am not really getting anywhere on the live chat. 

Please help. 

Mark 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Mark2707 

You will need to speak to Virgin about what you have signed up for as they seem to have messed up. 

With regards to the doubling of data, this normally happens upto 14 days after your o2 contract has started, if you have received 2Gb then it will only be doubled to 4GB (obviously if you got 6Gb it will be doubled to 12Gb).

There is a guide to Volt here Volt Megaguide 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10895 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3121 Solutions

@Mark2707 

You will need to speak to Virgin about what you have signed up for as they seem to have messed up. 

With regards to the doubling of data, this normally happens upto 14 days after your o2 contract has started, if you have received 2Gb then it will only be doubled to 4GB (obviously if you got 6Gb it will be doubled to 12Gb).

There is a guide to Volt here Volt Megaguide 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

Screwedvirgin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Glad I saw this as got same bull****** sell from Virgin too. Tbh 2gb data for £5 nowadays is pathetic

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7338 Posts
  • 53 Topics
  • 1606 Solutions

Virgin will tell you anything to make a sale and then when you complain will pass the buck to O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4