Did you mean: 

How long to wait for Volt?

lordxenu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

Virgin media customer and I joined O2 recently, one of the main deciding factors in joining was the volt benefits. But i've been active for 3 days now and still no volt. No increase in Virgin Media, no increase in data on the O2 phone contract either. I did read the guide/documents and I know it says 14 days but well if I'm not going to get them then I'm quitting and I find it suspicious that it's 14 days when the cooling off period is also 14 days. 

I don't wish to sound impatient, I'm happy to wait, but if it's going to be 14 days and after the cooling off period then I need to think about if I'm going to keep this or not. How long does it "normally" take to become active? I had thought by now that it would be all sorted out automatically when joining, but i'm starting to get a bit concerned now. 

Thanks. 

Devices: Pixel 6 (Three unlimited), O2 eSIM, Voxi eSIM. Samsung S8 Ultra 5G (Three unlimited). Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 (Three unlimited). Asus ROG Phone 5 (EE). Virgin Media (250mbit)
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144435 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@lordxenu 

Be patient. It's usually 10 to 14 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144435 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@lordxenu 

Be patient. It's usually 10 to 14 days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

lordxenu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks. I had a feeling this was the answer, but I was getting/am worried about 14 days going by, still not getting it and then being unable to cancel. I really honestly got this because it worked out cheaper to do this than upgrade my broadband, and to give my daughter a cheap SIM. 

Thanks.

Devices: Pixel 6 (Three unlimited), O2 eSIM, Voxi eSIM. Samsung S8 Ultra 5G (Three unlimited). Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 (Three unlimited). Asus ROG Phone 5 (EE). Virgin Media (250mbit)
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144435 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

As long as you have O2 and VM at the same address, you will get Volt benefits on both @lordxenu 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10197 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@lordxenu 

Not sure why you would expect it to be before the end of the change your mind policy, and its more to do with Virgin they dont want to have to process a downgrade, and add charges on if you need a new Hub or send an engineer out for some regrades...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

lordxenu
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As mentioned, the primary reason why I took out the SIM was to get the volt benefits. My concern now is that I don't get them and I get locked into a contract without the primary thing I got the contract for. I don't see why it's unreasonable to expect the benefits of the contract to be a bit quicker than 14 days to be honest. You see it differently by the sound of it, fine but I don't see the way I see it as unreasonable. 

Changing the broadband profile on a virgin media modem is as simple as logging on to a website, clicking upgrade and pressing done. I know this because I've spoken to people that work at VM and they've told me that's the process, apply a cable modem profile, click save, done. I can't imagine it's some process that takes hours upon hours and requires massive manhours to process. Similarly for the O2 data boost, if someone can go tappy tappy while you're on the phone to them and upgrade your contract, then I'm not sure why you think it's some giant hassle for them either. 

I have a hub4, and no vm engineer has ever visited our property, not once. All done remotely. 

Not sure why all of this can't be automated either. 

Message 6 of 6