cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try the Tech Sony Xperia Z

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have been given the Sony Xperia z to review and when i first took it out of the package my immediate thought was on the size of it, its big, much bigger than the iphone i currently use so i could be slightly bias.

If you were using it outside in a manual job you would have to have a protective cover because if you drop it your going to know about it. The term phablet is about right.

However, the graphics and display are very good. Its ideal for downloading films, games etc There are quite a few apps already installed on it making life a bit easier. I think the small port coverings espcially where you charge up are a bit flimsy and liable to come off in time.Sound too is excellent.

I left it on for several days and the battery life seems to be very good too, played a few tunes and they didnt sound "tinny" as some earlier models did.

As a new model it is up there with the others and should be a good seller, that is if you like big phones.

11 Comments
MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How did you find the usability compared to the iPhone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apart from its size I did just about all the things I do with the iPhone, but for instance, if you were making a call on public I think everyone would see it due to its size, but for office work it's excellent
MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Great, Thanks slight_smile
Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousGood point about the size of the phone... Though nowadays I much prefer a big screen. I have the Note 3 for that reason wink

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
When I'm using my Fonepad I always use headphones for calls.....
viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
So was it the z or the z ultra?
Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I would be absolutely hopeless at try the tech..the geek in me would want to keep it..I know it! tongue x

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I think this review is the z ultra and is quite a fair review, but the tech is now a bit behind, methinks @Toby should update the xperias sent out, since z2 they have been a different league altogether.
jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Going from the size description I'm guessing at the Ultra which in my opinion was just that touch too far size-wise.

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear your thoughts @Anonymous slight_smile

Have you used many other Sony devices?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the original Sony xperia mini which I kept for several years as it was so good and it actually took me away from the Nokia phones which I always used and haven't since then
Ted