cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Mini Review

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTC ONE MINI    

The look and design The size of the phone is great. I have a Samsung S4 mini and the HTC is only a little bigger than that, easy to handle with one hand, nice bright screen that can be adjusted for brightness.  Custom settings allows applications to be on one page or several pages as you wish.    

The screen is lovely and easy to get on with, compared to my S4 that looks a little blured. The display is 4.3 inches and is adequate for a phone. The weight of the HTC appears light but not as light as the S4 mini. The phone looks sleek in white and silver casing with curved edges, the only problem its very easy to slip out of your hand I was even a little worried about using it unless it was on a surface, whats the point of a mobile phone! The battery life on the HTC is not bad fully charge it and it will last you all day if your using it for normal everyday usage.  Play high res games and and big applications may use the battery life quicker. Communicationq Making calls is simple using the same principles as any other phone.

Your phonebook is on the homepage and easily accessible as with messages,camera, internet and application icons and of course you can customise the phone and put what you want on the home page. When you open the contact you want you have the option of how you want to communicate whether through telephone, facebook, twitter, chat, email instead of going into the applications. Calls and voice controls The HTC mini is extremely good for making calls you can hear the other person as clear as anything probably the best I have heard, making hearing the other person outside on a very windy day easy. Internet Accessing the internet was not a problem, good that you can have a number of tabs open at once. Fast loading of pages. Increase font size by pinch and zoom making it easier to read small print.

Camera Front facing camera as well as being able to take photos normally, it has a bright flash. Photos are sharp and clear on the phone and good focus and easy to work with. Close details are good and can pick up pictures with detail in the dark. Media and Music Impressive sound booster known as Boomsound with front speakers and a built in amp to help boost the sound making videos sound amazing and the high res screen makes it excellent for watching videos. Makes tunes sounds so good. Storage 16Gb of storage is not big enough for a phone, you coukd use other options like cloud and dropbox, but wouldn't it be better if you had the storage on the phone. Verdict HTC one mini is a good phone and I really enjoyed using it. The Boomsound, picture quality and size would sway me to buy this phone. The only real issues would be the lack of storage.

(edited in paragraphs)

11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice mini review well done slight_smile
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

Have you enjoyed the 'Try the Tech' programme ?

I know what your saying about storage , and with vaults such as Dropbox this can be helped. A SD card slot would be helpful. slight_smile

I just found it so slippery to grip !

Going from your review, you would buy and use this phone ,and after reviewing it myself so would I. slight_smile

If you were to mark it out of 10 what would it be ?

A nice review and a well deserved Kudo given. wink
MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Nice review, thanks slight_smile
jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Thanks for the review @Anonymous hope you enjoy the programme slight_smile

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great review Sharon slight_smile
aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Nice review  @Anonymous and having reviewed the S4 mini I can relate to your comparisons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi BandofBrothers,

Thanks for the message. I was not that confident in doing a review, but the kind replies I got from you guys has given me the confidence to write more, Im even thinking of doing a proper report for the papers lol. Im going to try and request another phone to review. Love the Tech Programme, being able to trial a phone before you buy is a fantastic idea. 

The HTC One mini is a excellent phone and I loved it, I would give it 8 out of 10. More storage and better battery life would have got it a 10 out of 10.

Sharon

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

I really enjoyed your review SharoneBanks slight_smile

When the next phase starts I wish you luck in being chosen again.
browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

As others have said above, great review.

It's just a pity you weren't reviewing the later HTC One Mini 2 as it has an impoved battery life, 2110 mAh vs 1800 mAh and also microSD storage of up to 128GB.

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Excellent review @Anonymous I enjoyed reading it.

I look forward to reading more...when you choose one from the Try The Tech programme Smiley Very Happy

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@browni wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

As others have said above, great review.

It's just a pity you weren't reviewing the later HTC One Mini 2 as it has an impoved battery life, 2110 mAh vs 1800 mAh and also microSD storage of up to 128GB.

I'll see if I can get a few to add to the range @browni