cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verification texts/iMessage activation failure & not receiving calls from random numbers

iyia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone,

I have been having problem with my line for a while  not being able to receive verification texts from banks etc which is massive problem.

Connected to that I believe is the fact I cannot enable iMessage anymore as it fails to activate.

On top of these now I cannot receive calls from some numbers as has been reported to me that they try to call me but call does not come through.

I tried multiple steps trying to fix the above but non worked apart from one I visited a store and they fixed it somehow but now I visited store again I have been told their system changed and I would have to speak with the live chat on the app which and I did but they keep telling me to wait an extra of 5 working days.

Anyone had any similar experience ? Is there anyone here that could escalate the problem too as I am so frustrated with this.

My device is iPhone 12 Pro Max with recent iOS , tried restoring network settings , phone etc

Any help much appreciated .

Ps : I did sim swap for more than 7 times that I can remember whilst I switched to O2 (like a year-2 ago).

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@iyia 

You need to contact o2 on 0344 809 0202 or 202 and ask them to pass the issue to the porting team, as they will need to liase with the network that own your mobile number, and check if the correct routing is in place. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

DW7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I’ve seen so many people with this issue, not Apple or the carriers know how to fix it. However there’s a really simple fix. If you have a spend cap get it removed. Apple phones see the sim as ‘limited’ and won’t allow iMessage and FaceTime to activate. Remove the spend cap and activate it. 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36104 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

And be prepared, if travelling outside the Europe Zone, to switch to Airplane mode for your stay, as the phantom SMS sent by your phone to tell those services where you are will trigger any daily roaming charge, @DW7.

Spend caps do seem to get in the way of some such services, good advice.👍🏼

Message 4 of 4