Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retain my number going from contract phone with 02 to sim only e-sim with 02

Chris1811
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract on my old phone ended yesterday 29th Aug, i took an e-sim only deal for 12 mths yesterday and have the e-sim ready to download, however i want to retain my number which i have had for past 25 years, i got a PAC code from 02 but how do i do this ? im not going to download the e-sim yet until i can do this, if cannot sort quickly i will cancel my new 12 mth agreement. Old contract is still live as i havent cancelled it yet. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11366 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Chris1811 

You didnt need to move to an esim, as you are opening yourself upto a world of pain going forward, and you could have just used your current SIM card.. 

All you need to do is download the esim to your phone and then it will activate, no need to port anything or do anything..  or you can just keep using your current sim and nothing will change as it s just a tariff change.. 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148922 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@Chris1811 

You just need an internal migration, not a PAC.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

Chris1811
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes i agree however when i called to change tariff the 02 team wanted £22pm and when i went online it was £10pm for more data etc..i have paid £70 pm each on 4 phones for last two years and been with 02 25years, so didnt see why i couldnt get same deal as online when calling up..the deal on the phone started at £26pm so they thought they were doing me a favour dropping it £4. 

Message 4 of 4