Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay as tou go sim card

grang
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, I'm trying to put my o2 PAYG sim card into my new phone, but it can't see it. My old phone is a Samsung GT-E1080i, my new phone is a Emporia-One v200.

My husband has a Nokia 2330c-2, also on o2 PAYG, and his sim card works in all 3 phones. My sim also works in my phone and his Nokia, just not the Emporia. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma 

I didn't think a sim issue either but makes no sense that another sim works in the phone and the non working sim also works when in a different phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@MI5 I thought you might know not sim issue.
signature
Message 12 of 16

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions
@MI5 It could be phone issue some phones can be locked to one sim just need more info from @grang
signature
Message 13 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

@O2Emma wrote:
@MI5It could be phone issue some phones can be locked to one sim just need more info from @grang

Not heard of that since Tesco stopped doing it years ago, but then stranger things have happened in the past wink 

Might be relevant to know where phone came from too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

grang
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry for the delay. I don't have a smartphone, so I have to power up a steam-driven pc to get on this forum. In answer to Emma's question, the Emporia phone says "please insert Sim", as if it can't even see it? But it opens up immediately to the Sim out of the Nokia. If it is possible to get a replacement Sim, that might prove the problem, because the Emporia is brand-new, so I could get onto them for answers. unfortunately, i don't have access to any more PAYG Sims because everyone else has a smartphone, and I can't ask them anyway, because I'm in lockdown! But thanks to everyone for your kind attention.

Message 15 of 16

grang
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've now eliminated the problem. It appears that these sim cards are too thin for the Emporia's sim slot, so I squeezed a thin shim on top of it. The only reason they all worked in the Nokia is because that uses a "drop-in" sim slot with a retaining clip. Thanks to everyone for your help.
Message 16 of 16