Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'not sent' text messages

MaryM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I have an Alcatel 1 bought from O2, it goes through phases when I send a text and get a message 'not sent tap to try again', however it turns out the message has actually been sent but unless the recipient replies immediately I have no way of knowing

Yesterday I inadvertently sent 5 copies of one text and 3 of another to one person, and of course got charged for all of them inspite of repeatedly receiving the 'not sent' message

I sent the message below twice and both were received

O2 support can only suggest I ask this community, any ideas please?

phone 'not sent' 12.10.21.jpegcharges.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MaryM 

See if this guide helps Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MaryM 

Check your message settings and turn off delivery reports.

O2 don't support sms delivery reports so if set in your settings it may cause a conflict and provide a false negative.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

MaryM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just replied to this so apologies if my PC is also sending or not sending at random ... your solution seemed eminently believable until I checked message settings and already turned off

So if O2 doesn't support delivery reports and the setting is turned off already, why am I getting them at all? and inaccurate ones saying 'not sent' when the messages have been received by the recipient?  

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MaryM 

It's the phone trying to predict the correct answer.

The function is written into the software but due to the O2 network not supplying the correct response, it is defaulting to not sent.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5