Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone

2fires
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've moved my O2 sim (pay monthly) into my new iPhone 12 (from iPhone8) - do I need to do anything to let O2 know?  I'm asking because reception on the new phone is awful, in fact I had to wait overnight for it to actually connect to the network.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

No you shouldn't have to do anything @2fires apart from put your sim in the new phone.

Was the reception bad on the old phone or was it ok?

Might be worth asking for a new sim card - you can do this in a local store (and they will get it set up for you) or by calling customer services to ask for one.

There are some alternative numbers and hints on getting through in this guide.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If you call and order it, once the new sim arrives you will need to do a sim swap which is covered by this guide.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If getting a new sim doesn't help, and the reception is much better in the old phone, it might be worth seeing if you can exchange it or ask Apple to take a look in case there is a fault.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

No you shouldn't have to do anything @2fires apart from put your sim in the new phone.

Was the reception bad on the old phone or was it ok?

Might be worth asking for a new sim card - you can do this in a local store (and they will get it set up for you) or by calling customer services to ask for one.

There are some alternative numbers and hints on getting through in this guide.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

If you call and order it, once the new sim arrives you will need to do a sim swap which is covered by this guide.

Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If getting a new sim doesn't help, and the reception is much better in the old phone, it might be worth seeing if you can exchange it or ask Apple to take a look in case there is a fault.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

2fires
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the quick response... service on my old iPhone was great, in fact for some reason its still better than the new one and its still working without the sim!!!  I'll update the sim and see if that helps, thanks

Message 3 of 3