Did you mean: 

international texts

Paul2800
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi,

I am sending international sms from my payg account to an irish sim and although I am still being charged..these texts are not being received. I have tried sending from another network and it works without an issue. I am wondering if there is a problem between o2 and the eir network

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35766 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Is the other network you mention also an Irish or international network?

The person you are sending to may have an issue, either a block or need a look at this: Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) - can they send sms back to you, @Paul2800?

Message 2 of 6

Paul2800
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hello..

thank you for your reply.

The eir network is an operator in ireland only and they can send an sms to me and I can also call their mobile. It seems to be just texts not being received by them.

regards..

Paul

Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35766 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Can you reply to their SMS to you and does that get through to them?If it’s working as a reply it’s worth deleting the contact/s on your phone, sometime duplicates cause an issue. Then copy and paste the number from the message and save to a new contact.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Paul2800 As well as the advice given to you by @pgn, if you want to avoid international text charges completely, you and the people you're texting can download WhatsApp. If you text or call over WiFi it's free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Paul2800
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes absolutely..whats app wouldn't have an issue with other networks not receiving messages.

Message 6 of 6