Did you mean: 

iPhone imei blacklisted - Help

Ecfc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I bought my daughters iPhone 14 from music magpie in August last year . Continued with contract sim only with O2 .

last week the phone stopped working, receiving/ making calls and texts. I went into 02 shop and they tried different sims but didn’t work ,advised to go to Apple . Went to Apple who ended up telling us the imei had been blacklisted . Advised to go back to O2 , which we did, who checked and advised us that it was not an internal block but an external one. Suggesting someone could have typed in the imei incorrectly . I was advised by 02 to go to the police , who were very helpful and stated that music magpie requested the blacklist in August to Apple , who have taken this long to complete it . I returned to Apple who said it was nothing to do with them , it is down to 02 . 
I am losing the will to live with this . I have proof of purchase from music magpie . Any advice would be very gratefully received . 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11313 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Ecfc 

You need to take it up with Music Magpie, as they are the ones who have requested it, as the issue is between you and them... 

Proof of Purchase wont help with Apple or o2 at this stage...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 125687 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7547 Solutions

Sounds like a possible insurance fraud.

As @madasaf1sh said Music Magpie are the ones to contact as they sold you the device and also requested the IMEI to be blacklisted.

They shouldn't be selling any phone to customers until they have checked it's free of any type of issue.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3