Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime not activating after number port from EE

PieMike
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

seems a popular topic. Since porting my number from EE my iMessage and FaceTime will not activate. 

I have tried all solutions posted here (network reset, restarting phone, Apple support, even sim swap) and nothing has worked

spoke to O2 tonight who have raised an issue with the IT team but if anyone help to fix this in the meantime I would be very grateful. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@baggieboy I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 11 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124445 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Thanks @O2Sarah-  x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 24

baggieboy
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 👍🏻

Message 13 of 24

bitsnbytes
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue since reporting from EE. Tried live chat support on My O2 who just repeat the same steps over and over then tell me to go to Apple (who say this issue is squarely on the carrier). Can activate iMessage on a Vodafone sim, but not O2. Tried switching from a physical sim to esim yesterday morning but still cannot activate iMessage - either it gets stuck on waiting for activation or just errors out instantly. Tried resetting everything multiple times, including the whole phone, setting number correctly in the phone settings etc, nothing. Starting to regret porting in 😞 

Message 14 of 24

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7217 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1596 Solutions

Apple may say it is squarely on the carrier but I've seen this complaint on every networks' forums.

Seems the phones have problems when the number is changed on the SIM after porting.

Getting a new blank SIM from an O2 shop seems to cure it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 24

bitsnbytes
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved from the physical sim that was used for the port to a new esim from the local store, but it has made no difference at all. The phone works fine with SIM cards from other networks and I have restored the phone completely but it still doesn't work, so it must be an O2 problem.

For my work iPhone I recently ported a number from EE to Vodafone and a few hours after the port was done iMessage was up and running no problems, so I don't know what the issue is with O2 here

Message 16 of 24

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37353 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1701 Solutions

@bitsnbytes wrote:

I moved from the physical sim that was used for the port to a new esim from the local store, but it has made no difference at all. The phone works fine with SIM cards from other networks and I have restored the phone completely but it still doesn't work, so it must be an O2 problem.

For my work iPhone I recently ported a number from EE to Vodafone and a few hours after the port was done iMessage was up and running no problems, so I don't know what the issue is with O2 here

Sometimes, it needs a kick from o2's side, @bitsnbytes - I'll tag @O2Georgina who is on from about 8am Saturday, see if perhaps that helps. Watch out for a private message to get some info from you to get the ball rolling. Good luck!

Message 17 of 24

bitsnbytes
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn thank you, fingers crossed!

Message 18 of 24

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@bitsnbytes  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 19 of 24

Kate26
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I'm having the exact same issue with my EE-02 number port. Can you please share with me how you resolved this?? thank you

Message 20 of 24