cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

have new phone and it is asking for id verification from old email address even though email changed

MB2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a new apple XR phone but certain aspects of the phone do not work.  I cannot access facebook or line as it keeps on asking for an id verification password which is linked to an old email which no longer works.  I have checked the phone and it has my correct email address but everytime I try and access facebook, line or any app it asks for this password which I do not have.  I have contacted customer services and tried to sort this out and they told me to turn off mobile data, remove sim card and put it back in and then reactivate mobile data.  However it still does not work.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MB2 Perhaps Apple support can help you. https://support.apple.com/en-gb

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MB2 

If the apps were downloaded on a different Apple ID you need to delete them from phone and ensure you are signed into your correct ID and download them again.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3