Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM problems.

Boatman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently joined O2 from 3 via the website.  To save time (haha), I opted for an eSIM (to be used in an old iPhone 11).  Whilst the contract was set up correctly and number ported, I still haven’t received the eSIM QR code.  Customer support have been particularly ineffectual and even visiting the local O2 store has failed to get me to have an activated sim.    
Neither the store or customer support seem able to help anymore and I wondered if none on here might know how I get this escalated/resolved?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149380 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Boatman 

If you can get your MyO2 setup you can install your esim from there.

If you need help setting it up, you'll need to call O2 unfortunately Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

esim install.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Boatman
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’d love to be able to get MyO2 set up, unfortunately I cannot access because it sends a verification password to my mobile (that I cannot access).  If only there was an option to send to my email I suspect the problem would be solved slight_smile
Appreciate your help though 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 149380 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Boatman 

As expected, hence the need to contact O2.

It's about time they allowed alternative methods to get verification codes but the won't budge on it currently.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Boatman
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

5 calls to customer support and 2 store visits … for something that would seem to be pretty basic isn’t very confidence inspiring.  I just wondered if there wasn’t someone there with a bit more ability I could escalate to ?  I don’t want to be a Karen … but life is too short for hanging on the phone so much with dreadful music 😉

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 149380 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Boatman 

All we have here is @Dave-O2 

It isn't why we have him and there's no guarantees, but he may be able to give someone a poke for you.

Message 6 of 7

Boatman
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks 👍

Message 7 of 7