Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding virgin number to existing o2 account

Matt67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my youngest son had an unlimited sim from virgin as part of a package that was transfered to o2 when they merged and I want to add his number and account details to my existing myo2 account like I have with my oldest son. However, I've been told I can't do this. Seems like a pretty basic thing to want to do to me, but I've tried many times unsuccessfully to link the accounts. Everytime I try to do it online it immediately takes my back to my usual account pages whichever way I go about it.  Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks, Matt

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148511 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28417 Solutions

@Matt67 

Account merging has been suspended whilst all Virgin accounts are migrated, so not currently possible to do.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

This functionality has been temporarily removed by O2, @Matt67 - until the move of VM subscribers to O2 has been completed, and the synchronous move of O2 subscribers to the new back-end 360 billing system completes: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-System-Updates-360/m-p/1598402/highlight/true#M39424

It could be some time before merging additional products into a single MyO2 instance may be possible - you are going to have to manage his account using the account he has been assigned, for now. Good luck!

Message 3 of 5

Matt67
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks both. The trouble is that I can’t log in to his account. It just keeps taking me back to mine

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38107 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

@Matt67 wrote:

Ok thanks both. The trouble is that I can’t log in to his account. It just keeps taking me back to mine

Sounds like a text or an e-mail has got lost somewhere @Matt67 - reach out to O2 via Social Media or via 202 (08:10 is usually a good time to get through) to see about getting your son's account unlocked - link below has the Social Media contacts.

Also try to access his account either using an incognito or private browsing tab in your browser, or make sure to log-out of Community and O2 and restart your browser before trying to access his account. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5