cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without service for 11 days after failed sim swap during upgrade!

Laura61
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded my phone on 7th June (iPhone XR to iPhone 15) where an ESim transfer should have happened but something went wrong and service was bared from my old original sim at the same time! I was told for 4 days by customer services various different things and that to wait, a plastic sim has been sent in the post and to also go into an o2 store as they could sort it (they couldn’t! As the sim order was processing and comes up with an error of airtime not active even though I’m being billed etc) I was then told on 12th June no physical SIM card was ever sent in the post and the whole thing is stuck in processing and their back office need to look into it to resolve it and allow 10 days! This time is now over and I am still without a working network, old SIM card still don’t work, eSIM error on my o2 account and unable to go through swap sim as error saying changes being processed on account. I cannot access my online banking or anything as everything needs a one time passcode. I am going out of my mind here!! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Oxonian
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Highly unlikely @Damokinsella82 that BBC Watchdog will be remotely interested.

You need to persevere with O2. Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account or offer other direct help. 

You can message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

I suggest that you take the social media route. The team are based in the UK and have a good reputation for problem-solving.

A complete schedule of how to contact O2 is in :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 11 of 16

Damokinsella82
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Oxonian @Laura61 @MI5 @Cleoriff My hell with o2 is finally over, I managed to get my PAC code and switched to Sky Mobile fully today. I was gutted to leave, but customer services were just the worse. @Laura61 I hope you managed to get sorted out, in the end i visited a store and they sent an email and my details to someone in IT. I finally got the esim to download this morning.

Thanks for all your help 🙂 

Damian

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 124270 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Good news @Damokinsella82 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

ZooMoo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Laura61 have you managed to get resolved? I’m in this situation now and it’s very frustrating. 

Message 14 of 16

slowsandal
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

bbc watchdog no longer exists but it could be reported to BBC rip off britain

Message 15 of 16

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7615 Posts
  • 145 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Ripoff Britain will not be interested @slowsandal ; O2 have a ridiculously high number of subscribers so it would need a massive number of complaints to catch the editor's eye. 👍

Message 16 of 16