cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without service for 11 days after failed sim swap during upgrade!

Laura61
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded my phone on 7th June (iPhone XR to iPhone 15) where an ESim transfer should have happened but something went wrong and service was bared from my old original sim at the same time! I was told for 4 days by customer services various different things and that to wait, a plastic sim has been sent in the post and to also go into an o2 store as they could sort it (they couldn’t! As the sim order was processing and comes up with an error of airtime not active even though I’m being billed etc) I was then told on 12th June no physical SIM card was ever sent in the post and the whole thing is stuck in processing and their back office need to look into it to resolve it and allow 10 days! This time is now over and I am still without a working network, old SIM card still don’t work, eSIM error on my o2 account and unable to go through swap sim as error saying changes being processed on account. I cannot access my online banking or anything as everything needs a one time passcode. I am going out of my mind here!! 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Laura61 

Sorry to say but you really have to persevere with O2  as this is a customer to customer forum.

If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help. Or call them on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract)

4445 or 0344 809 0222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Best of Luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

Damokinsella82
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Laura I’m in the same boat, a sim swap was done and now it’s stuck in processing for the last 6 days. I can’t believe this is allowed to happen!! 

Message 3 of 13

Oxonian
  • 7544 Posts
  • 142 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Damokinsella82 wrote:

Hi Laura I’m in the same boat, a sim swap was done and now it’s stuck in processing for the last 6 days. I can’t believe this is allowed to happen!! 

@Damokinsella82 

If you are directing that comment at @Laura61, you need to tag her thus. 

In order to solve your problem, I suggest that you follow the guidance given by @Cleoriff ! 👍 

Message 4 of 13

Laura61
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Damokinsella82 it’s an absolute nightmare and disgrace that they think it is okay to cancel the old SIM card with immediate effect without a replacement in place. I am now on day 12 without service, I am on the phone and chat to them multiple times every single day and still get told it needs escalating and to wait 10 days…its been more than that

Message 5 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Laura61 @Damokinsella82 

Have you tried going in store with photo ID for a replacement sim?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 13

Laura61
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 @Yes I have also been into store 3 times within the past 12 days and they have tried everything but because a sim is “stuck in processing” it doesn’t allow them to issue a new plastic sim or eSIM. It throws them out or gives them an error “airtime plan not active” even though they can clearly see it is active on my account and I am being billed. The store are baffled and then I’m back to being told to speak to customer services and I continue to go around in circles

Message 7 of 13

Damokinsella82
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, but the previous sim swap is stuck in processing (order). So they are not able to give me a new SIM either 😞 

Message 8 of 13

Damokinsella82
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The customer services are the worse - put me on hold for long periods then disconnect the call. 

Message 9 of 13

Damokinsella82
  • 12 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wonder if it might be worth reporting this issue to BBC watchdog. The more people we can get to report this issue the better

Message 10 of 13